mapping

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
sweepa
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

mapping

Post by sweepa »

HI i have gone through all the training videos as a new user, my goal is to use it for projection mapping on buildings etc. The part i cant find or if there are some more training on the site to show exactly how to put a slice on the background picture for example a house, i can see the slice when clicked shows the item on the output pipcture but when allocating a clip to the slice or item on the house i cant see where to link the two together, I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance
Daniel

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: mapping

Post by He2neg »

Composition / Canvas
-->Advanced Output

Input Mapping / What are does what Slice take

Output Mapping / What Slice is were on the real output

On Mapping with projectors. I do it kind of this way:

Output a Solid Color or a testcard or what ever you like. Go to the output and place all the slices you need were ever you want to have them, either 1 slice for eych "objekt" or "Surface" Each Area you want to have controll off independent (i.e. eych window, the celing, what ever)

When you have all the Slices in the Output and the are at the corrrect position, then go to the input side, mark all slices and chose "Match output shape" You may need to scale all slices as well (when the resolution of the output and the comp dont match)

Now output a testcard and you should see that the slics should fit with the content....

Last Step:
Drop the "Screen xx" to your composition as a Slice Transform effect. Your output Window should match the real output and you also can switch between the different Modes etc...
Via Slice Transform you can now controlle all the slices or only one, two to behave as you want it....
[when you dont see the "Slice" tab next to source then go to "view" and enable "Slices"]

maby getting something clear now?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

sweepa
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: mapping

Post by sweepa »

Thank you for the response ill give that a go.