am I missing something?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Chickenbone
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

am I missing something?

Post by Chickenbone »

I'm reading the manual for arena online and it says that every fresh install of arena has an example composition and then proceeds to then give you a tutorial of what to do from there. It would seem that I have never gotten this. does the demo self delete after you open the first instance? is there a place to download it to play around? I'd like to give it a go. I don't recall seeing it when i first installed and I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it would appear and it didn't.

sorry for the stupid question/request but if a demo is an option I'd love to test it out.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: am I missing something?

Post by Arvol »

Chickenbone wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 06:21 I'm reading the manual for arena online and it says that every fresh install of arena has an example composition and then proceeds to then give you a tutorial of what to do from there. It would seem that I have never gotten this. does the demo self delete after you open the first instance? is there a place to download it to play around? I'd like to give it a go. I don't recall seeing it when i first installed and I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it would appear and it didn't.

sorry for the stupid question/request but if a demo is an option I'd love to test it out.
C:\Program Files\Resolume Arena\default\Example

cutups
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Example composition(s)

Post by cutups »

I downloaded Resolume 7 for windows and started looking at this tutorial:
https://resolume.com/support/en/quickstart-tutorial

It mentions that there's an example composition and seems to be showing clips in this example....but I don't see such an example in my install. There is an Example.avc in the default folder, but it's blank.

Am I missing something, or is this something that only comes if you buy a copy? Or ...is it in a subfolder, or can it be downloaded somewhere? I can start from scratch but I'd love to see what the example shows.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Re-download and install Resolume. Be sure to get the install that has the demo footage.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

No footage installers also have the Example composition.

Can Resolume create the Documents/Resolume Arena folder, and subfolders in it?
preferences folder should have lots of xml files.
If they are missing, windows might be preventing Resolume to access the disk properly, so it can'T make the local copy of the Example.avc in the compositions folder.
Ransomware protection we have seen do this. In this case, either add Resolume to the exceptions, or disable it altogether.
Third party virus scanners might do the same.

Deleting the Documents/Resolume Arena folder, and stating Resolume, should re-create the factory stuff in it with the Example.avc.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu