HELP: 2.2 / 2.3 difference in controlling clip

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
mememachine
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

HELP: 2.2 / 2.3 difference in controlling clip

Post by mememachine »

hi

ok i have a clip set to bounce <->
when i hit the trigger on keyboard the clip does not go back to the start if the clip has ran past the end and is bouncing back to the beginning. The clip when triggered will go to the end.

hope that wasnt too confusing! thanks.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

is the clip set to play in reverse motion maybe,

mememachine
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mememachine »

nope the clip is set to bounce <->

but once the clip gets to the end and is on its way back to the start,
i press a key (eg. Q for that clip) and instead of the clip going to the start it jumps to the end.

This i assume is because the clip has reached the end and this has become the new point the clip jumps to when pressing Q, and once the clip reaches the start again this will be the new point the clip jumps to when pressing Q.

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

Yeah that's exactly how it works. Some kind of wee checkbox would be nice to toggle how the bounce mode re-triggers I suppose.

A partial workaround would be to load two instances of the into the deck. Set one to bonce like you want and leave the other on 'straight' loop. Trigger the second clip whenever you want to be sure of triggering from A-B rather than B-A, then switch back to the first when you want to continue bouncing, although you can't guarantee that will run A-B.

You could also re-encode a readymade 'bouncing' version of the clip in AE or similar if that's an option for you.