newbie multi-mon question

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
chadd_

Post by chadd_ »

in the resolume manual, it recommends a vid card with tv-out and a geforce2mx chipset. but it also recommends that you set your main display 1024x768 in 16 bit and your second display to 640x480 in 16 bit.

my question is: is there any way to do this with what i have? or do i have to get a 2nd vid card?
and if i do have to get another card, any suggestions that will work with what i allready have?

i can't seem to set the tv-out to a different res than the main display when i try to set the twin-view to horizontal span. in clone mode, it defaults to 800x600.

i have a 32 mb geforce2 (with the 2mx chipset) and it has tv out.
i have my main 21"mon hooked up to the monitor out of the card and i hooked up a small TV to the RCA tv-out.

thx

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

the videocard is fine, what op system do you use!, win2k can't handle two different screen resolutions. Xp and win98 can.

chadd_

Post by chadd_ »

i'm using win2k.
so i guess it's another vid card for me.
any suggestions?

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

suggestion 1:
the operating system is the problem not the videocard! but what you can do is buy a cheap pci card so you have two videocards. The pci card can be used for the main-interface and the fast card would handle the output. Search the discussion and maybe Vjforums how you could set this up.

suggestion 2:
you could buy a matrox card and use the dvdmax or zoom mode to get the output fullscreen on the second monitor or tv.

suggestion 3:
run a dual boot system and install windows 98 or me, these systems can handle dual monitor perfectly...

succes

chadd_

Post by chadd_ »

i ended up going with suggestion #1: buying a second vid card for the PCI slot.
so now my setup is:
athlon t-bird 1600, 512 ram, geforce2 in the agp slot, geforce4 in the pci slot. win 2k.

but now i am having some other odd problems. i posted about them in the "Resolume beta Bug report" thread so i won't take up space repeating it here.
if anyone has any suggestions, please post them there or email me.

thanks!