Resolume beta Bug report

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
VJ AtomX_

Post by VJ AtomX_ »

Hi resolumers.. ive been testing resolume beta 3 now for a couple of weeks and im very impressed!! im having problems though with a couple of things but nothing that stops the program from being completely usable to take out to do shows.. My name is Alan (VJ AtomX) and im a Brighton based VJ/DJ with APT Visuals.

Im running a AMD Athlon 1.4ghz, .5gbddram, NVidia Nforce mobo with onboard gforce2 + extra pci voodoo banshee for dual head output...

Most of the problems Im having seem to be with the dual head support. Most users seem to be people with dual head cards such as the matrox crew.. have you tested the dual head support with two different cards in the same pc? I have this configuration ( left desktop main window.. right desktop output window) and Im having problems with the config window that you get when you right click on a clip window popping up on the other desktop (sometimes over the top of the main output window) you can see that its in the right position to fit around the clip , but completeley the wrong desktop. This is fine however you cant switch off an effect on a clip or change the play mode (loop, once, pingpong etc) without reloading it , or you risk seeing the config window over the main output!!
the same goes for the save clip bank window ( I presume that this window shouldnt pop up over the top of the main output on my right hand desktop?)
I think both these problems must be to do with my configuration but it is still a bug. Ive noticed that if I click on the monitor identifyer for the main resolume window it will togle between the two displays.. As in if I tell it to go to monitor 1 it goes to my actual monitor 2, and If i then re-click on the 1 symbol it will switch back to the other desktop, but my task bar will then refuse to hide as if the window isnt there....?? any suggestions.

Im also having problems with midi control of effects.. Im using a simple 12 fader midi controller, if I use an effect that can be controlled by a fader progressively for instance rotozoom the start of the fader will be 1 instead of o and the end scale will be 127 instead of 128. I know my controller is putting out the correct value as i use it for music work on the same pc... It would be nice if you could have value of 0 so that the effect can be completley switched off while its on.. :) The same is true for all the effects that you can progressively control...

It would also be nice if the program could remember its last window position and resolution for the main output..

Im also having problems with some of my .mov quicktime movies not playing(infact most of them) . Also some random avi`s dont play when they do in windows media player...(only a few maybe 5% dont play)
Are there any issues with file size / codecs that resolume has problems with?

Is anyone else having this problem?
Does the developer know about it?
Does the developer want any more beta testers? ( ive done proffesional testing before)

Thanks
Ax
alan@aptevents.com

ether_warpTV_

Post by ether_warpTV_ »

Hi Ax

Can't help you with the dual-head problems as i use a Matrox card (try reading through old posts for info on dual head).
Re: codecs - not all quicktime codecs are supported. Cinepak is recommended. Personally, i use ligos indeo avi codec (or flash) - though i read recently that ligos indeo codec is not being further developed, and you need an XP-version if you use windowsXP (i use win2K).
Avoid mpeg style codecs and divx - too much work for the processor.
Hope thats of some help.

chadd_

Post by chadd_ »

i am also having the same "right-click on a clip and the window pops up in the wrong monitor, over the top of the output screen" problem.

also, a what seems to be related problem:
i have the GUI running in one monitor from my main AGP slot (GeForce 2mx200) and i put the output window in the other monitor (a GeForce 4mx420 running in the first PCI slot). when i click on the fullscreen option for the output window, the GUI gets "shifted" somehow. the whole thing moves over and leaves a dead space on the monitor, and a lot of the GUI gets lost in the process.

has anyone else experienced this? or is it just a problem with how i have my vid cards/resolutions/displays set up? (and if so, any suggestions on fixing it?)

thanks...

chadd_

Post by chadd_ »

heh, sorry to make so many posts, i just really like this software so far and want to make sure it runs the right way....

i solved my "GUI shifting" problem. if anyone has that problem, just make sure you have your monitors set up EXACTLY! like it recommends in the resolume manual.
GUI monitor: 1024x768 in 16 bit
output monitor: 640x480 in 16 bit
output window: Resolution 320x240x16 Stretch to w:640 h:480

but i am still having the ""right-click on a clip and the window pops up in the wrong monitor".
it would be nice to fix that, since although i can turn off a generator effect after it has been applied by reloading the clip, i have no way to change the settings for that effect once i apply it to the clip.

thanks a lot....

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

i am looking into the popup problem.
till then Ctrl+F4 makes removes the effect on the active channel (layer).

chadd_

Post by chadd_ »

anyone have any other work-arounds to get around this popup problem?
i would love to be able to adjust the effects on the single channels and type some text into my flash movies....

Jeremy_

Post by Jeremy_ »

Did you try to setup in "Desktop nView" (windows options) all pop-up on your screen 1 (GUI) ??

What is the version of your GeForce Drivers ???

I'm using versio 40.72 with this config:
AMD 1200mhz
768 mbRam
one Matrox 8mb cache 60 GB for the footage. DMA 133
Win98se (crapt... but speeder that XP for resolume !!!)
- AGP: Geforce 2 for output (good TVout ship)
- PCI :TNT2 for GUI
- Output screen: 640x480 16 bits
- Output windows: 400x300 16 bits in 640x480
- Gui: 1024x768 16bits
I do not use nView for output (not enought options)
I'm using TVTool (http://www.tvtool.de).-- does not support latest nvidia tv ship --
(tip: codec used Indeo 5.1, 360x288)
All connected to a Panasonic MX30 mixer (you can rent one). with a VideoRecord connected in case of Win98 BSOD ...

stark_

Post by stark_ »

my pc freezes up when i use one of the color adjusts, any of the three available. it just freezes resolume and i have to ctrl alt del it. is this with everyone.

i don't really care much about this feature because i don't use it. but when i was testing it i came up with that problem and tested it again with various clips.

also. i would like this to really adjust the color level and not just put the color there and have the option of having it or not... it would be better to have a little slide to control de effect, considering it works in the first place.

my pc is amd 1.6mhz, 256mb ram, 60gb hd

bye.

stark_

Post by stark_ »

sorry 1.6ghz