is it possible

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
xlene
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

is it possible

Post by xlene »

hey ive got a question is it possible to directly stream the output of resolume ive recently been asked to take part in a virtual gig and was wondering if its possible to do it live it would be kinda cool if it was, i know i can record then stream the recorded matrial but that would mean a large lag in the output or not being able to actully match the video to the sound at all. as the djs are streaming live i also would like to if possible with the raw output

thanks for any info you can give

keep up the good fight
:)

xlene

Post by xlene »

ok im guessing by the lack of responses that it isnt possible guess ill just have to pre record the set thanks anyway

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

yes you can stream it directly online - but you'll need a dedicated computer to do the streaming with a video capture card and a very fast internet connection. What I would do is, using the video capture card, run your video in and run the dj's audio into the audio line in - use windows media server or some other program (lots out there - google it) to stream the two together as a single feed - this will prevent them from falling off sync. The video streaming part from the dedicated computer is the tricky part. You'll need some good software and a knowledge of live video/audio streaming... do research. I can't answer all those questions here...

xlene

Post by xlene »

thankyou for your response i think i have sussed it im going to use my audio workstation to do the streaming and im going to broadcast to a relay to up my bandwith use my laptop to run resolume i belive there will be a small amount of lag however i think it will cut the musterd i am going to stream the sound in but will not be able to join the 2 streams together as the virtual venue is running a seperate sever for video and dont want to end up streaming out of sync sound back to the venue if there is a lag the djs would get pissed
thanks for your help