new features?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Rndll_

Post by Rndll_ »

Uhm, hi...

I've just been working with the Resolume demo for a couple of days now, after finally getting my new system up and running. There's been talk about new features at the forum here, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Hopefully I'm not bringing up stuff that's already in there that I've missed...

1) As has been mentioned enhanced midi-support is always good.

2) Transfer modes. I'd REALLY love to be able to overlay stuff using screen or multiply modes like in Photoshop or After Effects.

3) Linking parameters to sound-input.

4) Displacement mapping?

5) T-shirts. We need Resolume T-shirts.

Rndll

Rndll_

Post by Rndll_ »

Oh, and maybe the possibility to work in different aspect ratio's. I'm going to project in a very widescreen situation, almost cinemascope. I've found the horizontal stretch fine for this, but it would be nice to be able to use more then one filter.

Rndll

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

1) We are working on midi to improve it!
2) you can already use screen and multiply..
what is it that you miss.. the ability to fade?
3) the question of sound parameters is something we are doing research at, we want to make a good formula to making resolume sound-enabled.. probably this will be implemented in version 2 and not in 1.1. so you will have to wait longer for that!
4) what?
5) T-shirts coming up, we already made an design , but we don't know if there is enough interest so we are not sure wether we should make them only for ourseleves or as well for anybody who wants them..

6) aspect ratio. so 16:9 widescreen and so on.., we already did a test with that once.. will see if we've got time left for that ;-)

thanx for the input.. we really like that.. as long as it is reasonable
greetz...
edwin

Rndll_

Post by Rndll_ »

Oh, I found the transparency thingies. I'll start reading the manual now, even though it's completely against my principles... :)

Sorry about the technical term 'displacement mapping', it's a procedure that uses the luma values of one layer to displace the other layer. It's in After Effects and programms like that. I think Steim's I/magine has it. Not too urgent though, and I can wait for audio support.

I'm currently fooling around with types of compression and resolution, since I can't do with Cinepak compression, it's too ugly for my purposes.

It seems as if all the clips are taken from the hard-drives, would it be difficult to make clips load in RAM, or have the option to load certain clips in RAM? At current RAM prices this could be really enhancing the performance.

Anyway, after a short while I'm starting to get grips on the program, I'll need a midi controller soon though. Anyone got a spare Peavey PC 1600?

Keep up the terrific work, I'll probably order copy soon, but I'll want a T-shirt too!

Rndll

oval_

Post by oval_ »

yes cinepak is too ugly but it make a big slow down if we use something other you know certainly one of your concurrent : visual jockey.... with only a software engine they haves a great quality for the vids. but for the simplicity i prefer resolume...do something for the picture quality and you would have a software in gold.

eXhale_

Post by eXhale_ »

hey, for the tshirts, try cafepress.com :) all you have to do is submit the design and they make your tshirt, sell them and you get a percentage of the sale. you can also sell cups and other cool stuff!

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sense »

16:9 is getting more important, and if you can choose that per layer even better. just got off the hook with a client. Combining 4:3 and 16:9 it's a bitch, if resolume can solve this issue would be awesome!!

Cheerz,

Sense

normal

Post by normal »

I would like a T shirt pls

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

*blows dust off thread*

DAS BEN

Post by DAS BEN »

try indeo 5.1.
and even better i found for me a new codec: pic video. it is a mjpg codec, but the file size is much smaller then the usual mjpg codecs. its an avi container and compressing and decompressing very fast. the file size is as small as indeo would do and the image quality is even better