Using 2 MIDI controllers Simultaneously with Resolume?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
cal-tv
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Using 2 MIDI controllers Simultaneously with Resolume?

Post by cal-tv »

Hello,

This isn't strictly a Resolume question, but I want to simultaneously use Traktor and Resolume with 2 different MIDI controllers, is this possible on a PC?

Thanks !

lichterloh
Is taking Resolume on a second date

yep

Post by lichterloh »

yeah of course you can. it's all a matter of which notes you assign in which program. to avoid interference you could have 1 controller sending on midi channel x, the other on channel y. otherwise you'll have to keep track of which notes are already in use (and if they are being sent by the other controller as well); if so, you can change every note to send a different value direrctly on your hardware..

greetz

[Bearbeitet am 18-8-2007 von lichterloh]

cal-tv

Post by cal-tv »

What i'm worried about is whether XP wil allow 2 different applications to use different MIDI controllers, i've heard that this was a problem..

Have you tried it?

lichterloh
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by lichterloh »

yes it does work for us. we use a behringer bcr 200 and one edirol pc30 keyboard. both seperately connected with diff programs works (ableton/resolume), but only tried this setup once....we are now connecting the edirol to the behringer's midi in, the bcr then to the pc. still both controller can send signals to different programs, all depending on the note that is being sent; never had or heard of xp problems concerning this though...maybe someone else can help....

cal-tv

Post by cal-tv »

Great, thanks for the info

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

yeah i think you can have up to four controllers!