YouTube Videos

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
mandawah
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: YouTube Videos

Post by mandawah »

Hi Zeropoint,

May I ask you what do you mean by "Ableton Live in control" ? I know what is Ableton Live, but does it mean you use it to remote control Resolume?

Would you mind summarizing your setup? Seems interesting.

Thanks!

zeropoint
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by zeropoint »

hi mandawah

yeah I am using Live to DJ the audio and send controller information to Resolume running on the same laptop.

For control I use a monome 40h and Faderfoxes LV2, LD2 and DJ2. I use Monogrid 2 under Chuck for the monome which gives me 8 switchable grids of 8 x 7 buttons. So for example Grid 1 launches audio clips in Live, Grid 2 launches automation dummy clips for audio effects etc. Currently Grid 7 is my Resolume control grid with each of the buttons mapped through Live so I get visual feedback on the monome as to what is currently active. On each deck in Resolume I have 4 layers and 6 columns so Grid 7 is laid out to mirror this. Then for each layer I have a layer select button and a layer stop button situated next to the appropriate row of buttons on the monome. Moving down I have 4 composition FX bypass buttons and then bypass buttons for each of the four effects on each of the four layers. If you press and hold the grid select button on the monome you get a further 56 midi control notes on each grid, giving a total of 896 buttons with visual feedback. Some of these are programmed to launch new decks in Resolume.

I have the channel faders for channels 7 to 10 on the LV2 mapped to layer opacities, with channel 12 set to fade the composition. I also have solo buttons on the LV2 mapped to layer solo in Resolume.

I have a Resolume control group in Live which enables me to show and hide all the clips which are controlling Resolume in some way. I open this out when I'm programming and then hide them all for performance.Now i'm working on creating a whole series of controller clips in Live which I am mapping to the monome....so for example I can select a layer then hold the Grid 7 select button, press one of the 56 buttons and it launches a clip in Live which rotates the clip playing on that layer twice on the x axis simultaneously zoom pumping it, applying FX and modifiying the FX parameters in sync.....or anything else you can imagine that is mappable in Resolume.

I also map audio FX that toggle on and off to launch Resolume control clips simultaneously so that an audio effect always has a corresponding effect in the visuals. Using follow actions in Live I can trigger full automation sequences in Resolume so I can concentrate on the audio mix.....or vice versa. I also use warp markers in the audio track to highlight cue points for triggering "one shots" in Resolume.....the possibilities are literally endless......

If you have any other questions let me know......
Macbook Pro 17" 2.93ghz, 4G Ram, OSX 10.5.7, Live 8.2.2, Avenue 3.3.1, Faderfoxes LV2,DJ2, LD2, Monome 40h.

mandawah
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by mandawah »

Hi zeropoint,

thanks a lot for you very detailed reply, I don't regret I asked you the question...

Your setup and the way you use both Live and Resolume with all these controllers is really interesting. I only use a mouse to control Resolume, so I feel a bit old school here ;)

Your reply triggered new ideas in my mind, that's great.

Thanks again, best wishes for your upcoming performances.

daxx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by daxx »

Live @ Moodstock - 15/08/2009 - Peer, Belgium

DEMO - Showreel - 5ifth Dimension
http://www.myspace.com/5ifthDimension

Orubasarot
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Orubasarot »

yes lads
Last edited by Orubasarot on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:26, edited 2 times in total.

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

some out door projection :)
Jas
(the dyslexic VJzoo)

http://vjzoo.com
~ quite nice visuals ~

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Looking good!

GeeEs

Post by GeeEs »

VJzoo wrote:some out door projection :)

Awesome! Really cool this drive by beaming! :!:
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

VJzoo

Post by VJzoo »

Thanks guys, it was lots of fun :D

CGDJ
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by CGDJ »

That's a Stanton SCS3D DJ midi controller.