Why a Chaos MODE? this is a much better way to do it

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
incuf
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Why a Chaos MODE? this is a much better way to do it

Post by incuf »

Why asking for a sequencer module or chaos mode? Sending midi signal from a software sequencer like Ableton Live is much easier and much precise.

You can assign notes to clips. Telling the secuencer to send midi data, and Resolume to "listen" to that notes for clip triggering.

Just for testing I used Ableton live, Midi Joke, and Resolume 2.41

Live send mini notes, you have to assign the midi out to one of Midi Joke´s input, and then just enable midi in resolume.

So if you play a C1 in Live, resoume will trigger the clip you assigned in midi setup.

To trigger clips from a different deck, just assign a midi note to "select deck #" in preferences and add it to your midi sequence.

Any questions just ask. I did it within a PC. Ableton Live would be too much of a resource consumer, maybe you would like to give it a try with some other sequencer.

Midi Joke works as a link between programs. I don´t know why It doesn´t work without it.

As I read somewhere in Avenue you will have to do it this way, as it won´t be a chaos mode. I will figur it out how to do it on my Mac when it´s released

Waiting for Avenue, I've tried some Mac Vj soft, been working with modul8, but in every gig I can't take out of my mind my real first love, Resolume. Can't wait to go back to her.

cheers

incuf

myspace.com/eyeburner

movebandit

Re: Why a Chaos MODE? this is a much better way to do it

Post by movebandit »

But perhaps not everybody wants to do a complete Midi-Triggered Live show. Ever thought about a live triggering Vj who needs a toilet break ? Its better to have a simple Chaos Mode or Seqencer directly in the Software. And for complete Midi triggered Shows..... use Ableton.

Maze

incuf

Post by incuf »

I totally agree, but someone was asking desperate aboout chaos mode in Avenue, well this would be a solution to the lack of it.

Stickman
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Stickman »

and I don't have Ableton... it costs money that I don't really want to spend on more software, I'd rather spend it on VJ softs, clips or hardware.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Stickman wrote:and I don't have Ableton... it costs money that I don't really want to spend on more software, I'd rather spend it on VJ softs, clips or hardware.
If all you need is MIDI sequencing, there are plenty of good free options:

http://www.sonicspot.com/sequencers.html

The Quartz product is pretty good, also SoftStep. The paid upgrade to Softstep gets you some interesting algorithmic tools as well.