OSC commands

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

OSC commands

Post by fruitygreen »

I am new to OSC and need some advice on OSC (Open Sound Control) and Resolume

Need help in writing commands and understanding what the paths in Resolume means and create variables.

I have OSCemote for the iphone that will send OSC commands but I don't know how to write a custom command to Resolume.

Okay the creator of OSCemote App reccomends using a PureData to convert OSC commands to MIDI, in which I can succesfully do. I am able to control Resolume 3 with my iphone via OSCemote>PureData>MidiYoke>, however I want to control Resolume from OSCemote directly to Resolume. Eliminating two programs that adds to the complexity in setup.

I know that Resolume 3 supports OSC (I think it does), but I just don't know how.

All you experts on OSC and Resolume, could you give me a dummies guide to understanding OSC in Resolume?

Thanks I greatly appreciate it.

fruitygreen

Re: OSC commands

Post by fruitygreen »

Bump

C'mon guys . Maybe I posted this in the wrong place and Resolume experts haven't discovered this post.
Or they are too busy to answer. Or they don't know . Or they don't care. Or it's just a waste of time for me to get support here.

How do I implement osc mapping in Reolume?
What are the assigned intergers and/ or float value range for buttons , switch or sliders?

Thanks in advance for any help

bryandod
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by bryandod »

Resolume 3 has only been out for 5 days. OSC is a new feature for Resolume and I have not figured out how it works yet. Bart and Edwin may be the only people who can answer this question and they are very busy working out the bugs with Resolume 3 I'm sure. You may get a quicker response from them if you ask this question in viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3960 this thread. I am also very curious to get the OSC working as well.

fruitygreen

Post by fruitygreen »

Bump and Kick

Getting ignored is very irritating.

The features listed is Midi and OSC. There are instruction for Midi mapping and none for OSC.

Maybe Bart could atleast comment on OSC availabilty. Is it functional? If, yes how?

Or at the least comment on if it will work soon.

I tried posting this on the other category and nothing . I know it was read but uninteresting I guess.

Anyways Resolume 3 is Great , but asking for OSC right now is too much I suppose

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

From the looks of it, OSC isnt mappable yet. i would think you use OSC the same way you use midi or a keyboard to trigger clips.

i know Bart and Edwin are very busy getting a final release together, OSC might be one of those things that wont be in it until the official Avenue release

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
OSC is not mappable in the interface. We put together a document on how-to control Resolume with OSC.
The document isn't finished yet, but we will hopefully have some info for you guys next week.
OSC works very well in Windows but it need a little bit of work in OSX still. So that's why we kept it a bit quiet till now.

fruitygreen

Post by fruitygreen »

Well Thank You Edwin

I am looking forward to OSC . Continue the great work