64 videos made into "Thriller" masterpiece

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
xdj
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

64 videos made into "Thriller" masterpiece

Post by xdj »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAVxaEc ... half-month

NOW PLEASE HELP ME OUT

I have a few 100 video clips, all the same format, same size

wondering if its possible to have reolume run by its self in a automatic mode, I have tried the chaos mode, but its to erratic, I have to dj and don't have the time to vj

basically is it possible to load 50 videos, apply the effects to those clips, then have the videos transition and react to the music bpm

thanks for any input, I am using 2.41, my spare laptop does not have the power to run the new resolume

serik
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: 64 videos made into "Thriller" masterpiece

Post by serik »

if you know how to patch or are willing to learn it you could probably use puredata or max/msp to analyse the sound to detect the bpms and then send random midi notes to a virtual midi device. in resolume you just have to define the right midi notes to your clips.

in a simple version there would be only hard cuts but i think its possible to enhance it to make transitions. also deck switching would be a little bit more complicated if you want to use a few 100 clips i guess you would have to do that ... but it think its doable. but here you could also assigne a key to switch decks and after every song you just push the button manually.