OSC manual

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: OSC manual

Post by gpvillamil »

inzieye wrote:I'm still in trouble...

With Processing I can't use it because it tell me that "the package "oscP5" does not exist" but I put the OSCP5.jar file in the folder Processing/libraries. Am I wrong?
You need to put the entire OSCP5 folder into Processing/libraries. That way the full path is Processing/libraries/oscp5/library/oscp5.jar - NOT processing/libraries/oscp5.jar. Look at the other Processing library folders and you will see what I mean.
inzieye wrote:With Pure Data, I can run TouchOSC (I mean PD recognize my Ipod/TouchOSC signal but I'v got some problems for sending signal to Resolume. I use IAC Driver in the Audio/MIDI config of my Macbook and I activate in the output of PD and in the input of Resolume but nothing happen. When I use TouchOSC and try to configure MIDI mapping, nothing happen...
OSC has nothing to do with MIDI, so IAC driver will not affect it at all. It is using the network connection on your computer, that is why you have to specify IP addresses and ports. Make sure you have OSC receiving enabled on Resolume 3 (preferences). You will have to do a little bit of programming in Pd to convert the OSC received from TouchOSC into Resolume OSC commands. For example, TouchOSC will send something like /2/fader1 <x> and you need to convert that into something like /layer1/video/opacity/values <x>.

Or you could just hack the TouchOSC example patches to output the Resolume commands in addition to the TouchOSC feedback.

inzieye
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by inzieye »

Thanks again.

Finally I will use TouchOSC through OSCulator cos' I still have problems with OSC adresses in Resolume. I think I'm still wrong.
It doesn't matter, it works perfectly with OSCulator.

Now I'm working on controlling both Resolume and Ableton Live with the same controler (TouchOSC and Novation Remote 37. I use 2 laptops (Macbook with Live and Macbook Pro with Resolume).
Touch OSC and Novation work through MidiPipe on the Macbook. The same message is sent to Live directly from midipipe and to Resolume with MIDI cable to Macbook Pro. What I want is to control my music as usually and that video plays automatically with my audio control. (change clip when I change audio pattern, control a video effect when I use an audio effect...)

I just have a problem with beat repeat. The one I use for audio in Live doesn't work like the one in
Resolume.
Beat repeat for audio works like that : when I press a key it repeat until I pull my finger off. But in Resolume, you need to press again to stop beat loop. Maybe is it possible to have the choice in Resolume but I don't know how.
Other problem : I need to put audio track with each video (track with no sound or what you want because I don't use audio from video laptop ). If not, beat looper do not appear in Resolume. Is it possible to change that in a new version? it could be nice for people like me who use different softs for audio and video in a live show.

Except this little problem, the control is perfect and possibilities are infinite.

I hope I could be enough experienced to help people with this kind of config. Waiting for that moment, thank YOU for your help.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

A video beatlooper will be present in upcoming release.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

I added the following 'wildcards' for OSC control.
- Use '/activeclip/' to control the currently selected clip. Instead of '/layer#/clip#/'.
- Use '/activelayer/' to control the currently selected layer. Instead of '/layer#/'.
- Use '/activetrack/' to control the currently selected track. Instead of '/track#/'.

Is there need for another wildcard (within reason of course), let me know, now i can still make adjustments.

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

Hi Edwin ... so assuming this syntax would:

Code: Select all

/layer1/activeclip/
/layer2/activeclip/
work - or is active clip the globally active clip?

If my assumption is correct - then I would really like the addition to be able to control the active clip on multiple layers at the same time ... as in my above code snippet.

Also does this addition also transfer thru to midi - if I was to actually edit my midi map manually - he he ... :)

I guess these additions are kind of related to my post here... http://www.resolume.com/forum/viewtopic ... 32&start=0

glasshopper

Post by glasshopper »

I must just add - these OSC developments are awesome - playing with the Processing examples and am really liking what I am seeing here - the possibilities this creates are literally mind blowing...

LuMe
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by LuMe »

Thanks a lot Gian for all your replies in this topic, they are very helpful! :)

I managed to get direct OSC control in Resolume Avenue with TouchOSC without other software like Max or Puredata to convert OSC messages into the right ones (or into MIDI). A custom layout for Resolume I made with the TouchOSC editor can be found here: http://www.immermeer.eu/Lume_/
With this layout you can trigger clips and columns, control audio volume and video opacity, control some audiovisual effects, and clear layers or composition.

I also would like to be able to change decks using TouchOSC, but Resolume crashes when I send the corresponding OSC messages. I also have problems to control the tap button directly with TouchOSC. Do I really need Max or similar software running to be able to do that?

gradek

Post by gradek »

LuMe wrote: I managed to get direct OSC control in Resolume Avenue with TouchOSC without other software like Max or Puredata to convert OSC messages into the right ones (or into MIDI). A custom layout for Resolume I made with the TouchOSC editor can be found here: http://www.immermeer.eu/Lume_/
Hi LuMe,

thanks for Posting this. I tired to test it out today, but I can't seem to get TouchOSC with my ipod touch to connect with Resolume 3 (version 3.0.2 or 3.1) I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I was able to get TouchOSC to send OSC messages to OSCulate so I know the connection to my computer is fine. TouchOSC does not automatically detect resolume as a host, and even when using the correct port settings 7000 (resolume default) it does not seem to respond to the programed OSC message you have setup in your custom layout.

I have controlled resolume with OSC before using Gian's max patches, so I know that Resolume can receive messages, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I really don't want to buy OSCulate or some other program just to convert the TouchOSC messages to midi. I'd rather use the native resolume OSC commands in your template.

Any insights as to what might be my problem?

P.S. Also I downloaded the Processing app for OSX to try out the TOUCH OSC sketches posted here in this thread. However I'm also getting the same error as inzieye that package oscP5 does not exist. I followed the advice of gpvillamil and put the .jar file in the full location: Processing/libraries/oscp5/library/oscp5.jar So I'm lost there too :-(

EDIT: ok I got this processing thing to work. the library is installed... lets see if it talks to resolume... brb soon

Update 2: ok, I was able to control resolume using the processing sketch that converts all the TouchOSC message to resolume OSC message, however I still can't get LuMe custom layout to work with the processing patch running or not. Little snitch shows that resolume is reeving messages from my ipod touch so I don't know what's up the OSC commands seem to be programed right too.... ugh!

ugh my brain hurts.
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

LuMe
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by LuMe »

Do you have bundles switched off in Resolume preferences?

To work with Gian Pablo's max patches bundles have to be switched on, but to use TouchOSC and Resolume without other software running, bundles must be switched off (as far as I know).

gradek

Post by gradek »

Thanks LuMe,

That worked! I though I tried it without that box check, but I guess when i did so I was not setup correctly. Somtimes it the simple things. Can anyone explain what the Bundles check box does? Its sad I can' t use Gian's Max patches and TouchOSC :-(

But at leased I got this working. I might make some cool layouts of my own now too. I'll post any cool layouts I make in the forum of course. Thanks agian Gian and LuMe for you quick help.

Cheers,
Martin
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu