OSC manual

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
premiermalvado
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: OSC manual

Post by premiermalvado »

Romuald wrote:You have to replace "getAddrPattern()" with "addepPattern()".

Here is the processing i'm working on.

It's quick and dirty but you can have a lot of fun.

Coming soon : XY and feedback (from TouchOsc to another controler in TouchOSC.

Code: Select all

/*
Romuald ive ran your skecth and im getting this message when pressing a button from my osc controller.

### [2010/11/23 11:34:37] ERROR @ OscP5 ERROR. an error occured while forwarding an OscMessage
to a method in your program. please check your code for any
possible errors that might occur in the method where incoming
OscMessages are parsed e.g. check for casting errors, possible
nullpointers, array overflows ... .
method in charge : oscEvent java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

what can i be doing wrong?

im trying to connect mi monome hardware to my resolume using different methods, but none of them have worked as i wanted. your sketch looks nice though ill have to get deeper into it, at a glance it seems that i have to create all conditions for what i want resolume to do when pressing buttons. but i believe i should correct that processing file error.

greetings and thank you in advance for any advise

premiermalvado

Post by premiermalvado »

NCoghlan wrote:I've just come back to my OSC issue to find that turning bundles off in Resolume combats this problem.

These are the OSCulator settings that worked http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xg ... directlink

What are the benefits of having the bundles activated? Is this issue I had a Resolume bug or an OSCulator one as well? It'd be great to know the ins and outs!

Glad it's working now tho, this opens up a lot of doors for my set up.

hey there. im trying to map my monome hardware using osculator to forward osc messages to resolume, i tried to end up with what you have in osculator as shown in your pic. osculator listens to the hardware (i believe there still some king of problem because every button i press in my monome gives the same location within osculator (i believe i should be getting 64 different values being monome a 8x8 button grid) but havent been able to map anything. could you please be so king of checking my screenshot ??

a detailed explanation steb by step of how to map one single button would be awesome. wish there was a tutorial video.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ziordiko/Un ... 3703944386

NCoghlan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by NCoghlan »

Hi there,

I've been playing around with OSCulator a bit more and found a few vids online - one of the vids explained how you can separate values that come into OSCu. For instance sending various MIDI notes from a clip in ableton (th issue I had to overcome).
If it works in the same way as MIDI notes, you should be able to select your received input (so your grid) and then go to edit > Demux . Hopefully then this should split your values up into all the different ones (you may have to press/send the same ones again for it to verify what was actually sent in) then you can map each individual press as something else.

Hope this works for you!
Cheers,
neal

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

"Bundles" of messages whose effects must occur simultaneously
The difference is that a bundle starts with #bundle timestamp whereas a single message doesn't. That is why Resolume needs to know whether you send it bundles or single messages.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

premiermalvado

Post by premiermalvado »

@NCoghlan first af all,i checked your website, congrats for your work, it rocks!!!! seems youre kinda famous in design environments.

with cam's (@ osculator.org) help i managed to work almost all my way around. i succesfully mapped my monome to osculator demuxing every row and column.

osculator shows osc output but cant map within resolume. incoming port 7000 in resolume is enabled, budles off, but i cant map anything at all, as you cans e in attached pic, signal from osculator out is OK. routing seems to be fine, but nothing happens.

might there be a conflict with the incoming port of resolume ? im using 3 pieces of software, avenue, osculator and monomeserial, all of them using 7000 and 7001 as defaults . ive tried different port configurations with the same result.

what version of avenue are you using??

premiermalvado

Post by premiermalvado »

barstu

Post by barstu »

That Osculator looks cool. Does it have a monitor mode? I'm basically after something like midi monitor but for OSC on OSX

manuelgonzalvez

Post by manuelgonzalvez »

gpvillamil wrote:] You will have to do a little bit of programming in Pd to convert the OSC received from TouchOSC into Resolume OSC commands. For example, TouchOSC will send something like /2/fader1 <x> and you need to convert that into something like /layer1/video/opacity/values <x>.

Or you could just hack the TouchOSC example patches to output the Resolume commands in addition to the TouchOSC feedback.
Sorry for quoting this loong after i'ts been posted. i'm actually working on in a fully funcional version of TouchOSC for Android, and Windows-based PC, using PureData.

I already got my custom template to work in the 1.2(multitouch-scaling enabled) version of Hexler's TouchOSC. The template is a modified version of TouchResolume 1.0, so the OSC custom messages are being sent. I also got it running with OSC>MIDI, but i'd like to know which would be the way to patch in PD an incoming "X" osc message (as the one you mention) to an outgoin OSC message that can be read by resolume. I think i've managed to get both parts of patch to send and receive messages, but i don't know how to route, rename it and assign it a certain number of variables.

If any of you could give me a hand on these i'd really appreciate your help. i'm from Argentina and here such technologies(mostly touch controllerism) are far away from being popular, so i don't even know anyone who can help me but you guys.

Thnx in advance!

gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gradek »

@manuelgonzalvez

A pd workaround sounds like a good idea for a short term solution. I'm happy to hear that my "touch resolume" template has helped you in your process.

Be aware I think an android version of TouchOSC that supports custom layouts will come soon. So you may not have to do all this work. However it could also be a long time. NO way to know for sure.

The early BETA version of my layout required OSCulator to convert the OSC command into a proper value that resolume would understand. You could easily modify my layout and create your own OSCulator patch. However OSCulator only runs on OSX. That would not be bad if you are running an android phone and a mac laptop.

There might be other programs that convert OSC to MIDI that run on PC that don't require programing.

But it sounds like you are close. Perhaps you can post your PD patch and see if anyone can fix the code.
Here is a patch someone has created to translate OSC to midi. Maybe you already know about it:
http://konkreetlabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

barstu

Post by barstu »

http://charlie-roberts.com/Control/ this supports android and custom layouts. I've just started building a layout to control avenue 3.