How many of you use midi yoke?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ni-cad »

I'm finding it really unstable, I often find I am unable to de-select ports that it is using, it seems to get messed up a lot, for example if you accidental set a midi input port to the same number as an existing midi out port, the resulting feedback will corrupt midi yoke to the point that it has to be re installed from fresh.

I've had better success with midi maple, but it wont run on XP64 so I appear to have run out of options.

Given that Resolume is a midi based app and in the most part must be run by external sequencing apps, what do you guys find works best for you?

Any suggestions, I'd especially like to know how the Resolume team handle things like midi routing and midi jitter problems.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: How many of you use midi yoke?

Post by VJair »

midi yoke works flawlessly for me, have been using it for a few years and not had problems with it at all. i currently use it between Ableton 7 and Avenue. i notice you mention you are using 64 bit XP.... im wondering if the instability is somethign to do with using a 64bit OS with 32 bit programs? ive heard of instability between the two before, but i dont have any experience of using it or troubleshooting it myself.

ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: How many of you use midi yoke?

Post by ni-cad »

Hey Air.

I had the same problems on my 32 bit os, apparently the latest version of midi yoke is 64 bit compatible also from what I've read.