need advice on osc

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

need advice on osc

Post by ni-cad »

HI, I've never used osc before and am trying to use time coded vynil to scratch a clip, can anyone give me some advice, I've spent some time on it already but not gotten anywhere.

The tcv app I'm using is ms Pinky, the osc output settings tab in Pinky looks like this, the address of the perameter I want to control is /layer/clip/video/position/values f

Thats as much as I know, what do I do next?

Does osc work propperly in Resolume yet, I encountered what appeared to be some more bugs in the clips midi settings, namely Relative mode (0 ~ 127) not working correctly are there simmilar problems with osc? I thought I'd better ask because as I know nothing about osc I won't be able to tell any bugs from mistakes I've made.
Attachments
Pinky_osc_tab.png
Pinky_osc_tab.png (52.08 KiB) Viewed 5337 times

ni-cad

Re: need advice on osc

Post by ni-cad »

No one seems to be replying, is this right?

gavspav

Post by gavspav »

At a guess get rid of the speech marks and the f.

Otherwise, use an OSC Monitor and compare output with the processing example. I posted a few pointers on the VJ Forums.

As Tom said you've got to check that Pinky sends an output between 0 and 1 - can't remember if it does or not.

If not you'd need to alter the Maxi Patch using Max/Msp.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
Somehow this thread slipped through without me noticing, been away for a few weeks and just stumbled upon it.
The OSC address is almost correct, but you need to specify which layer and which clip you want to control
So this would be a sensible adress, the 'f' means that it expects one float as argument.

/layer1/clip1/video/position/values