Streaming Video off a USB Stick

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Streaming Video off a USB Stick

Post by craftycurate »

Has anyone tried this out?

I saw some high performance USB memory sticks today in a computer shop (16GB, 25MB\sec transfer) and wondered if this would be a viable option for Resolume.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Streaming Video off a USB Stick

Post by DayVeeJay »

sounds like it would be the equivelant of playing clips off of a network drive. i could be wrong though

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Streaming Video off a USB Stick

Post by pleasuretek »

they would work maybe to stream one clip from. 25Mb/s isn't very fast, look at the post about the SSD from bart, fast is 150Mb/s SSD standard drive do about 50-80Mb/s.

It can lighten the load of your internal hard drive, by streaming only 2 clips from internal drive and 3rd/4th clip off USB stick you will probably get a higher frame rate as the HD reader head doesn't have to seek back and forth to different clips on drive.

I don't think its really worth it though. My decision is to wait till the intel x25 SSDs get cheaper and a bit bigger. Or the next level SSD controller comes out.

If you have an E-SATA connection on your computer an E-SATA external will get better speeds than the USB key and allow you to offload 2-3 clips off external HD and run resolume and a clip or two of internal drive.

Any other quantumConfigs we can dream of to squeeze last bit of performance out...
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card