dual monitors

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

if resolume starts on your 800x600 screen and you can thus only see part of the interface you can use shortcutz to set the main interface to the second display.

start resolume and press: CTRL & ALT & 2 this will make the main interface jump to the second screen.

i know it will work with your setup! don't give up yet! ;-)

cinnexin_

Post by cinnexin_ »

hello! here's my question:
is it possible to make the video output of the resolume go maximized on the second monitor without touching anything?
i mean, like the windows media player or premiere, that the video you play in the first monitor plays maximized on the second monitor.
if it could be possible, it would be very good, the fact is that you don't have to move the output and you have a preview in just one monitor when playing live.
thanks for all

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Yes this is called overlaying, we already have this working fast enough for the Matrox videocards (DVDmax) but not yet on other videocards.

If you are interested in the technical bit: It's working fine on the Matrox because it has hardware suport for so called RGB overlay surfaces, and most other card (like the Geforce) don't. They only support a.o. YUV overlay surfaces. So on all cards but the Matrox we have to 'manually' convert all the pixels from the RGB colour system to the YUV colour, making it sllloooooowwww ... so we are looking for ways to make the RGB to YUV fast enough to be real-time but we have not had much luck with that ;-(

cinnexin_

Post by cinnexin_ »

well i have the gforceII, but i think there's an option in the matrox that you can maximize on the second monitor a determined square you mark of the first monitor(square the resolume output), so it could be better for the one's that have the matrox.
:)

ether....WarpTV_

Post by ether....WarpTV_ »

mmmmm...
love my matrox - no probs with the second output...
as long as you don't mind low-ish rez output that is (320x240)

- maybe i'll upgrade to the g550 - apparently its got a lot more pixel wrangling power than the 400-series

douglas_

Post by douglas_ »

Does anyone know if there's a difference in perfromance between using TV out and VGA out? Will VGA look better, and will it eat less resources in dual-monior mode as opposed to using S-video out?

unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

i'll let you know about that after extensive testing on saterday, i'm useing tv-out.
and anouther point dont use ultramon with resolume it f**ks both progs up and resolume seems to be set up fine without it.