DXV rendering: perenity / auto-constrast?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
mandawah
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: DXV rendering: perenity / auto-constrast?

Post by mandawah »

Hi again,

please forget about my last post: I don't thing there is something to look at with the monitor/preview brightness difference.

I was using a test composition based on the "demo" composition, which has a few "composition effects" set up.

The second "Contrast-Brightness" of the demo composition is set with Brightness to 0.47, so slightly darker.

But, of course, this does change nothing to the DXV brightness by itself.

Sorry about it.
Regards.

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

bart wrote: I,ve also rendered the file to h264 and photo jpeg...
hi there - i did a test with indeo 5.2 and DXV. the DXV is darker than the indeo, *but* it's exactly the same as one sees it in the adobe premiere preview monitor - where as the indeo appears too bright then (hopefully this makes sense...and maybe it's totally irrelevant).

the thing that i noticed and that i'm wondering about regarding the DXV codec is that the pixels are more defined, evident/harsh where as the indeo pixels are more obscure, blurred/smoothed...and for me, indeo's easier on my eyes where as with DXV, my attention is drawn to the pixels of the image from time to time...just my point of view, not a criticism.

[both of these videos were made with deinterlace checked. also, one can see the pixels with your orange_string videos too - see all 3 images below with circles defining soft & defined pixelations.]
Attachments
cats_julie.jpg
cats_julie.jpg (372.43 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

Vidier
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Vidier »

I don't know if this problem I ran into is caused by the same encoding glitches, but it has to do with small pixel errors....

I made a video in After Effects CS4 (windows) consisting of straight squares in basic colors in a 800x600 comp, at some of the edges between the rectangular color shapes, there were tiny glitches in the DXV encoding. Not at all the intersections, but at some, and annoying enough for a perfectionist like me to use a different codec ;)

I have to say, apart from these glitches in the DXV matrix, I was very happy with the overall sharp look of the DXV files in the color and edges of the videos I rendered!