Video Editing e.d.

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Doit (joost)_

Post by Doit (joost)_ »

The Geforce 2 is supposed to work better for vj-ing than the Matrox 450 right ? Why is that?

Now i have a nice one for you...

I'm doing a lot of editing for clips, loops and animations nowadays using mac (finalcut pro), and i'm gonna buy a video editing system for my own pc soon. I have around 2000,- to spend.
Now there's 3 major players, thats pinaclsystems with their dv 500+ package, matrox with the rt2000 and i see and hear good things about RAPTORdv.

Does anyone know about these things, cos i've seen lots of trouble with the rt2000 from matrox. I've asked around alot but no one seems to know alot about these things, especially not the salesmen.

Ps. I like resolume alot, especially with the mx50 & vhs combination, although 2 computers running resolume would be better. When is it up for sale and do you need to buy 2 serials for vj'ing with 2 computerz?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

The Geforce2MX is much faser when it comes to directX processing. And Resolume uses directX for playback, overlaying and effects.

It will be up for sale very soon, if you subscribe to our mailinglist you will get email from us when we have any news.

Resolume licence wil be per cpu, so yes if you run it on 2 computers at the same time you have to pay two times the price of 120 Euro (excl. VAT tax)

I don,t know much about about video editing cards, so i hope someone else will give you some insight on those ... ;-)

jam_

Post by jam_ »

I have used the rt2000 and I find it realllly buggy. grab the leadtek geforce 2 with the tv out. it is a great fast card and it has the largest heat sink of any geforce 2. great for overclocking.

doit (joost)_

Post by doit (joost)_ »

I need one that can input and output DV as well as analog video signals because i use both.

Thanx for the tips, i'll try to get more info.

Is there going to be a resolume for the MAC as well?
A lot of people use mac for video editing because of the built in firewire.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

we would love a mac version too but we do not have enough time to make one right now ...

dil_

Post by dil_ »

rt2000 : a buggy card
rt2500 : a very expensive card.I've never experienced any troubles and it's far powerful than the dv500+.Note that for the moment,i fail to use it with resolume with analogic camera.It seems to work very well with DV.
Huh...it was just an user opinion,not an advertising!
Sorry.

ether_

Post by ether_ »

dvRaptor cards are very good - very reliable, good features if you want to work in dv.
if you have the $$$, dvStorm has analogue in/out also

Peter_

Post by Peter_ »

I'v worked with the Matrox Difgisuite, the RT2000 and 2500, all were unstable.

When it came time forme to buy a card to do VJ pre-prod and some broadcast post-prod work, I got the Canopus DVStorm. It isn't the cheapest but it's got the best features, its really stable and they have the highest quality DV codec on any board in this price range.

JMode_

Post by JMode_ »

...they even have the best DV codec not only on DVStorm, Raptor, they even have it on that quite cheap EasyDV. This card has hardware buffer and is good for a start. There is also the ADVC-100 converter box that converts analog in dv in vice versa with integrated hardware codec and superb sound sync.
I think you'll be quite happy with canopus...