Mask on a layer / scaling a clip

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
maximeh
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Mask on a layer / scaling a clip

Post by maximeh »

Hello,

i'm using Avenue on a PC with XP and a triple head. I use 3 layers, 1 for each screen. I use a mask on each layer to fit the screen. I don't understand why when I change the scale of one clip, the size of the mask change ?
It seems that when the mask in on the composition, its size doesn't change. But I need to use 3 different masks on 3 layer. How can I Do ?

Thank you !

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Mask on a layer / scaling a clip

Post by Joris »

Hey Maximeh

At the moment, the mask is locked to the layer, so when you move or scale the layer, the mask moves or scales with it. Several other people have found this annoying as well, and we're looking into how to best implement changes for this.

One way of working around it for you is to make one wide mask containing all three individual masks side by side, and apply that on the composition level.

Hope that helps.

joris

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Joris, He's not scaling or moving the layer, just the clips.
My point is, layers and clips are at the same level.
You can't mask a layer and rescale a clip without change the mask size.
You can't set a keystone on a layer, and scale the clips without resize the keystone effect.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for pointing that out Francoe. I've replied to the topics you raise here in your other comment on this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6485&p=24529#p24529