Forgive me!

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
john rixon_

Post by john rixon_ »

Forgive me please, and bear with me as I seem to be getting conflictind advice on this subject, so as you are the developers, maybe you can put me straight. I will be using a Sony FX Vaio with 1Ghz CPU and 256Mb Ram. It will have Win ME as I believe that there are issues with XP that are not yet resolved it wil have one monitor out put and a TV out. Some people are telling me that the TV out use will be pointless, others tell me that if I use the lappy for the interface, I can drag the output screen to the projector. This is the ideal scenario, but the Dosh is still in my pocket, so I want to get this right. I am, meantime thoroughly enjoying the Resolume demo on my desk top, an dWILL buy it when the Laptop arrives. Errr...one other thing, can you please clarify what resolution settings are workable in the output screen? 1024x768 looks lush, but a bit choppy, 320x240 stetched to 640x480 looks OK, but if the Sony will run it, is it ok to up the res? As I said, sorry to bleat on - I'm only a beginner!

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

what is most important when you buy a laptop is the videochip that it features. A Geforce2Go is the absolute minimum and it's even better to go for an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 with as much video memmory you can afford.

The Sony Vaio's look very sexy but the Dell Inspiron 8100 are faster and cheaper. You can buy a dell with a 64 Mb ATI Mobility Radeon 7500!

If you run the 320x240 signal stretched to 640x480 to the mixer/project trough a tv-out or scanconverter it will look ok. But you have to try and see how far you can tretch the resolution and still have a fluent output ...

no need for you to excuse being a beginner ;-)