resolume testing: feedback

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

a up guys thought people would like to know how i've got on with my testing of this
after finding my key (doh!!!) spending two days trying to configer "ultramon"(twin monitor management) and haveing the weridest things hapen to my comp finely, yes i know i biged it up but dont use it with resolume theres some kind of clash between the two progs and non of them work, i finely decided to ditch it and try again
well what do you know it works a bloody treat i can tell you :)
i've not had any problems with it since,
though my merchine is no slug on valium
1.4 atherlon, 512 ddr, gf3 with tv out, matrox 4mb pci graphics card.
i run the out put through tv out and the interface with the pci card, chears for the advice around the dual monitor set up helped a lot.
so all in all a top little numberif you got the comp to go with :)
though i'd like to see some add ons, text genorator would be good, plug in efects, the ability to hook up to outher progs but hay we wait and see.
the big test will be the gig on saterday i'll let you know how it goes :)

unjulation_

Post by unjulation_ »

It's monday morning and i've just about recoverd from a 10 hour set on saterday night so how did resolume fare ? well my computer only crashed twice, was it resolume or was it the fact that i was thrashing the bolocks off my comp runing three layers most of the time? i realy dont know? it didn't blue screen, just totaly locked up and the interface wouldn't shut down, a bottle neck perhaps?
I'm runing my computer through a video player with two scarts and runing the signal out to the projector because,
1) in case any thing goes wrong i can run a vid tape straight away.
2) because you dont get a image in the interface window i can just run a lead to a portable t.v.
3) i havent got a vid mixer:)
so apart from the two crashes i had resolume worked well and did exactley what it said on the tin.
but haveing said that there's still room for inprovment,
like i said before a text genorator would be v.cool, i dont find most of the efects much use, mind i create a lot of my stuf in premier first so i dont realy need them though the miroring ones work a treat and create some realy intersting abstractions.
some more controle over the zoom function would be realy nice, the ability to zoom at whatever speed you want.
how about the ability to spin the image at whatever speed you whant.
anyway overall good night and strong software, mind the images were wernt bad too :) got work from the night so carn't be bad.