midi

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
julian_

Post by julian_ »

hi i just started working with resolume and now think of using midi input question:what sort of midi device would be the most recomendable to use

andre_

Post by andre_ »

Hi i'm still testing the trial version, but gonna purchase resolume from the money i get from my next gig, good software needs support, should have done it sooner but was pretty bussy with other stuff then vj'en.

to answer your question:
I use a mc 303 (or my computer keyboard) for triggering the movies and a fatboy midi controller for adjusting the movie speed, layer transparanty and effects control.

I tried a pc1600 from peavy and liked it better then the fatboy, but it was just to expensive and the fatboy does the job wel enough for a half the price.

douglas_

Post by douglas_ »

check out a keyboard called the MK-249c by Evolution(http://www.evolution.co.uk/products/keyboards.htm) . It's got 49 keys plus 12 twiddly knobs, plus it runs off of USB so no midi converter or power adapter necessary. It's just what I'd been looking for, and only costs about US $180. The knobs actually suck, but I replaced them with nicer ones I got at Radio Shack for like 50 cents each, and now it's the business!

era psychosis_

Post by era psychosis_ »

why what's wrong with the knobs??
i'm looking into buying either that controller or the oxygen 8 from midiman...
(if i have enough money i'll get both thou!)
but what's up with the knobs?
do they just not feel right or something??
-era

douglas_

Post by douglas_ »

the knobs are just a bit small and cheap. just a matter of taste i guess. i also have an oxygen 8, which is great, except it only has 25 keys total, and with resolume you'll probably want more (ie 20 for the clips, and then any number more for fx, etc).