Winamp plugin

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
BunnyBoi_

Post by BunnyBoi_ »

i was wondering if any one knows of a plugin for winamp so i can use the vis as a live feed in resolume.

any ideas?

dreamteck_

Post by dreamteck_ »

I dont know if there's such a thing.

However there's an avsgrabber.ape (file) which can convert AVS files into Uncompressed video. You could then compress these to cinepack for example and then use in Resolume. Works great !

BunnyBoi_

Post by BunnyBoi_ »

yep I've got the AVS grabber but I dont want to have to render over 1000 avs clips if I can get it working as a live feed. ; )

Dan_

Post by Dan_ »

well, you could use two computers and send the output from the winamp one to a video input on the resolume machine...

I guess you want to do this all on one machine though.

The big problem is that different winamp plugins use different methods to get their graphics onto the screen - it's one part that is not standardised (from what I have read/heard - I have never programmed for winamp)

I reckon you need to lean on a programmer who knows AVS to write a hack similar to avsgrabber that will route the output to a software video for windows capture device - resolume should then be able to pick it up.

Dan.

modhem_

Post by modhem_ »

hi... i have taken avsgrabber... but can't use it! anyone can explain me how to use it?

dreamteck_

Post by dreamteck_ »

click the '+' tab /MISC/then avsgrabber

drag it to the bottom of your layers. then simply select output folder. Leave it to uncompressed video. If you want to capture at 24 fps you'll need to re-size the avs window to a realistic size.

do not tick 'copy from avs' and 'sync frames'

Hit GRAB and it's done. during capture take note of the fps. It might be too high or too low for you. Just correct this by resizing the AVS window. I like to size the avs window to 320x480 but sometimes go higher if i can still capture at 24 fps and rendering pictures.

Ruud_

Post by Ruud_ »

hey thanks,

I might have something to add:

With dreamtecks settings (unselecting 'copy from avs' and 'sync frames') I've seen it is possible to capture DIRECTLY to Cinepack codec. It does not mather if your framerate drops, because your playback rate will still be 25 fps (or whatever you choose it to be).

The only thing is if your framerate drops to like 2.5fps, it takes you 10 times longer to capture 1 second ;) In my case I only want to grab 5 seconds of each cool avs and bounce loop it in Resolume!

Cheers

Ruud_

Post by Ruud_ »

or try the indeo RAW plugin for 4 times smaller files than the uncompressed! Frame rate won't drop either
cheers

dreamteck_

Post by dreamteck_ »

another trick to makes amazing loops using AVS. and i really mean AMAZING here :)

after years of sorting/collecting the greatest presets... i have learnt to pick out [dynamic movement] presets which i know will work fantastically with [render video].

I'm always filming great dance floor footage and have a massive library of this. I simply convert these clips to cinepack and then place them in the correct layers within AVS and then play with the render modes and [trans dynamic/movement values to create some amazing results, drag the video up and down to experiment with results] i then out-put this again and then use it in resolume hahahahaha

see the beauty of this is you get to see the results in real-time.

I NEVER get sick of ppl coming to me and insisting to buy me a drink, pity i don't drink... i'd be a friggn alcoholic by now :P

hope i explained myself well enough. :)

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

maybe someone could convince the the developer of the AVS grabber to make a
a freeframe plugin of his grabber tool.
then instead of saving the file to the disk it sends it directly to any freeframe supporting app. wicked!

i think by the way that this plugin just captures part of your screen, so if you have winamp running in the background you won't see anything. So i guess it's hard to get it to work while having resolume and winamp running at the same time.