IR Mapio 1.2 released

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: IR Mapio 1.0 released

Post by mfo »

Wow, this is amazing!
Another time thumbs up big time for Ivan Ryaboff!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

I'll buy NOW!!!
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

jawbone
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by jawbone »

One of the features I like on VPT is the scaling / positioning of the media within the grid and surface, although mainly the scaling. Is there an applicable feature in IR Mapio.

redrhino
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by redrhino »

Hi,

I have a really stupid question for you!
How do I integrate irmapio with resolume ( I am a new user)?
Do I have to add the irmapio folder to the plug ins folder in resolume or just import the saved map file as an effect or mask?
Sorry, but I am getting a bit lost here!!

Thanks for your time, I am sure that I will kick myself when I find out how to use irmapio with resolume but at the moment I am struggling.
Regards,
Ian

redrhino
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by redrhino »

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me out with how to use irmapio with resolume?
I am probably being very stupid but I cannot see how to use these together.
Do I just save the Irmapio. mio file and then drop it in as an effect or do I have to put files into the plug in folder?
I tried to use a saved .mio file but they were not appearing in the file explorer of resolume.
As I say. I am probably missing something very simple but I would appreciate some hints as to the correct way to set up and use the irmapio program with resolume.
Thanks.

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

@redrhino: for support contact ivan contact@irworkshop.com
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Install IR Mapio! After installing you'll find IR Mapio in the VFX section in Resolume... When u drag and drop it to your komposition/layer/clip.. i'll automatically opens...

have fun!
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

black_sire
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by black_sire »

I published IRMapio 1.2 beta with edge blending feature - http://irworkshop.com/dl/IRMapio_v1.2_beta.msi
irworkshop.com

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

UPDATE: This is fixed now with v1.2 beta2
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7701&start=20#p31315

Hi Ivan,

Thanx for the beta version, however it crashes Resolume when the editor window is maximized and it also distorts and provides noise to the video outputting (see attached image), and it takes a while to regain one's controls again (tested the issue several times). Then I UNinstalled it and REinstalled it and the same issue occurred again (did not restart my PC however). PS: I was in OUTPUT mode when this issue occurred.

So then I UNinstalled it and REinstalled the previous version 1.1b and that works absolutely fine when the editor window is maximized and unmaximized several times.

Best,
Julie
Attachments
IR Mapio 1.2 Beta Issue Maximize Editor window
IR Mapio 1.2 Beta Issue Maximize Editor window
ir-mapio_1-2_max-edit_issue.jpg (140.07 KiB) Viewed 17237 times
Last edited by juLiE on Tue Jun 07, 2011 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

Hello again Ivan,

Regarding IR Mapio 1.1b (not 1.2b), here are a few things and questions while testing on PC (my specs are in my signature):

Nice things:
- The warping mesh, pillow, etc. are very nice features.
- Readonly check box (protect settings from being changed) is a good idea
- Nice to see it functions with Resolume's opacity control, at 50% one has both mapping and original image together in harmony, just playing around ;-)

Other things in question:
- Sometimes the effects "are" and "are not" retained when re-opening editor (Eff Tab, have not established a pattern unfortunately).
- When defining 3 input areas, then switching to their corresponding output areas, the areas are on top of each other; for example, N2 is hidden under N1, and N3 hidden under N2 (yes, CTRL click *or* selecting the designated area in the drop down box makes appear the hidden layer, but at first glance this is not obvious).
- When deleting an additional area in output, it is not refreshed in live display until one closes the editor and then reopens it again.
- One cannot move masks (polygon, etc.) without out individually selecting each point defined and moving them one at a time into place, kinda labor intensive (and one can not add more points to existing mask).
- All effects are are not retained if check box is UN-enabled - that is, one can not create an effect and decide to unable it temporarily, only to turn back to again later because it will be permanently gone, one has to always create the same desired effect again if ever UN-enabled.
- You can only create masks as a group, you can not add more as their own separate entities and thus the problem of wanting to delete just one (UN-check mark enable) in the group, deletes all.
- To undo a point when defining mask, I have to click ESC twice, once does not work (strange, huh?).
- Upon re-opening an existing saved template in the editor, it appears that the effects are missing, but if one selects from the drop down menu one of the defined areas (N1, N2, etc.) and navigates to all, the effects re-appear (this may confuse some to thinking their effects are gone)
- When re-opening Resolume of a previously saved mapped project, the mapping does not seem to appear. If the ir mapio plugin effect is placed on a clip's effect slot, sometimes and sometimes not, it appears, if it is placed onto a layer (I haven't tried composition yet), one has to click enable editor, close editor and then un-enable editor, and then it will appear (again, this may confuse one to think one's mapping settings are gone)
- NaN data type text is appearing in the output mode of (I believe) x position and height (can't remember now), but they function as normal nan/numeric inputs, just FYI.

Questions:
- What is the point of the black background moving in both input and output modes of editor ?
- Would you ever think to incorporate drawing capability ?

Thanx,
Julie
2013 - Present: Dell Inspiron 7720 laptop, Win 7 sp1, Nividia GeForce GT 650M
2008 - 2012: Dell Vostro 1700 laptop, Win XP sp3, Nividia GeForce 8600M GT
2004 - 2008: Mini PC ITX...
Official Website: http://www.juliemeitz.com