span/clone mode with geforce 2mx400 on xp

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
kristian thomas_

Post by kristian thomas_ »

i cant understand why my geforce 2mx 400 wont natively run span/clone mode properly in xp.
I cant say ive ever had it working at all.
i got a full version of the tv tool and run that sometimes to get dual view...so i know everything works to an extent.
but tv tool 5.5 only goes up to 800x600 res and resoulme of cource works on 1024x768>

i checked out the nivadia display propertys manual, and it said their should be a n-vew tab in advance settings...but there isnt for me. this is how you get it into span mode.

-the geforce 2mx 400 is a NVIDIA GPU-based multi-display graphics card!
they say it supports twin view.
-i installed this driver: 28.32_winxp.exe
- i have attached the 2nd display device in display property's
-i have a b+w video monitor/tv connected

the only thing i can think of now is un installing and re installing the driver....huggghh!

kristian thomas_

ive noticed if I use Clone Mode, both displays must use the same resolution and refresh rate. If you use Clone Mod with a Monitor+TV configuration (like im trying), you must use an 800x600x resolution with a 60Hz refresh rate. If you use Clone Mode with two monitors, you can of course set your resolutions and refresh rates higher, but they still must be equal.

what about Span Mode? Because i have a monitor+TV setup...do i have to sick to 800x600 even in span mode? I tryed this this...but nothing....i actually tryed fucking with different res...ultamatly 1024x768 on display 1 and 800x600 on 2...nothing

will span mode at 1024x768 only work with cards that have DVI out instead of tv out? I noticed that becuase i had span mode activated even though the 2nd display device wasnt showing anything, that i could drag any pop up window to the right off the 1st display (my vga monitor). So this means something is working...i just cant get anything to apear. I dont have any big wopping expensive tvs to try either...just a couple of small shity b+w national monitors.

i thought it might have someting to do with the way im routing the signal through a switcher and amp..before it gets to the tv....but i pluged the cord from the card straight into the tv and it didnt make any difference.

help!

kristian thomas_

haha

i just talked to a local techie
and he said
1. my card is eagle brand...which aint that good.
2. twinview feature aint up to scratch on the geforce 2mx chip sets. you can only do a max of equal 800x600 res with monitors that can accept refresh rates of 50hz.
3. get a msi geforce 4 mx 460
it can handle different res's on different display devices in span mode.
will be twice as fast
and has 720x576 analog capture

kt:)

name_

Post by name_ »

it has to go to the lowest res of the both combined devices i think. the tv would have the advantAGE OF BETTER REFRESHRATES AND THE MONITOR THE BETTER RES COMBINED I FIND MINE IS LESS THAN NICE. whoops got the caps there sorry anyway is there a seperate program/app that can offer different res to the two different displays???if any of you know about it please reply. im in the mood for using my tv out to record dvds and to allow the monitor to let me do other things while doing this. well looks like i have no chance

johan_

Post by johan_ »

i had the same problem with my geforce 2 go in my laptop. i search on the net and i found an driver for it
you must have a driver with nview with it xp has a standard driver and the one on nvida is bad also

good luck