Urgent: Does Resolume 3 accept Pitch Wheel Data?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
StoryBoy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Urgent: Does Resolume 3 accept Pitch Wheel Data?

Post by StoryBoy »

Hi all,

I'ved searched in the forums and am having difficulty finding the answer.

I'm on MacOSX and am sending pitch wheel data (via envelope) from Ableton via Midi. The aim is to DJ in Ableton and drive Resolume's transport control via midi from Ableton.

The midi signal works fine and is detected by both Midi Monitor and VDMX.

Resolume is not detecting the data, or am I missing something?

Please can someone help with a YES or NO or an explanation? Pulling my hair out here :?

Thanks.
Anwar

Extra info:
I need the high resolution values of the pitchwheel (-8192 to 8192) because I'm triggering a music video which is over 3 mins and 127 steps would just not be enough. Using the 'play while key down' option works only if I from the start of the clip and is not useable if change the loop envelop.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Urgent: Does Resolume 3 accept Pitch Wheel Data?

Post by Joris »

Resolume only supports the 'normal' 7 bit midi range of 0-127. Higher definition is on our radar, but not a priority at the moment.

Maybe relative midi is a solution for you?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

ive found that using "react" mode allows me to use greater than 7 bit midi in avenue 3 - spcificly with my novation zero sl mk 2 - it can send 14 bit midi from the top row of knobs. open midi assignment, select what you want to control, assign a control and thern look at the bottom left o the screen - "react" can be chosen from there

StoryBoy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by StoryBoy »

goto10 wrote:Resolume only supports the 'normal' 7 bit midi range of 0-127. Higher definition is on our radar, but not a priority at the moment.?
Thanks guys for the answer. It saved alot of hair pulling! Ah, I suspected it wasn't enabled

Relative midi might or might not work.

Hmmm... the technique uses the absolute value of the pitch bend envelope in ableton to control the transport heads of a video clip. Which means I can DJ long music video length clips in Ableton and have video playback in another program. I can set this up with the VDMX demo but was really reallly realllllly, did I say really yet, hoping that Resolume could do this. :(

In the attached picture you can see that I want to trigger the clip, the pitchbend envelope (pb), clip number & fx from ableton.

Will tinker with OSC to see if there's another way to do this...
mapping--Picture-19.jpg
mapping--Picture-19.jpg (246.31 KiB) Viewed 5386 times