Page 1 of 2
Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 02:14
i tried all the suggestions... am using a single 80kb avi keyframed right, first display at 1024x768x16, second one a tv out to the projector, and it's unusably slow on the projector.
what's all this business about switching the first/second displays... does it even apply to a laptop?
when i do everything on one display, of course, it's lightning fast. i just bought my key thinking that's the output performance i'd be getting and would appreciate advice or a hearty promise that 1.1 solves this issue completely.
Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 08:58
1.1. does solve the speed problems. We are now working our asses off to get it online as soon as possible. But fever struck our studio so work was delayed.
Anyway, dual screen will work fine in version 1.1.
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 03:35
ah that's some good news. there were a couple things i wanted to ask about backward compatibility... just so i don't waste too much time preparing clips/decks with 1.0:
1) should we stick with cinepak, 320x240 etc. or is there a new favorite/another option with 1.1?
2) will the deck files generated by 1.0 be loadable in 1.1 without any problems?
3) will usb midi be healthy again?
3) will 1.1 be ready by 4/25?... that's the next big gig.
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 09:42
1) yes stick to Cinepak
2) yes we are striving for backwards compatibility but we are not going to delay our release if it takes us a week to program this ... hope you alse prefer a faster release over backwards compatibility
3) USB midi is healthy on all the computers we tested it on (even on my Sony Vaio where most of the problems occurred) we need a test computer where usb midi does not work in order to test and fix it ... without a non working usb midi computer we can,t do anything ;-(
4) thats in a week!!! so probably not ... we,re really sorry about this guys ...
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 21:19
yeah faster is better... no question... redecking is probably good for the garden anyway...
if you need a test machine for usb midi i'll offer mine. it's the one described in the topic line, doesn't work in 1.0 but does work in other apps. i know you wouldn't be able to debug, but you might sleep better, eh?
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 08:49
we have access to an inspiron 8100 and on that machine it all works fine ...
where are you situated? anywhere near The Hague, The Netherlands?
or maybee you are going to this VJ event on the 26th of May in London?
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 21:48
just been following your threads....
i'm finding indeo5.1 avi is a much better codec than cinepak - similar file sizes, keyframeable, but much better quality
ether - warpTV
PS. - keep up the good work Bart and Ed - i know we're a demanding bunch of users but we're all right behind you (i hope!!)
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 00:50
sorry for being obtuse, but by "works fine" you mean "didn't work in 1.0 but does now work in pre-1.1" right?
i guess my question is - is there any reason to think that a system w/out working usb midi in 1.0 might work in 1.1?
this whining is coming from berkeley, ca where people haven't heard of resolume, among other things...
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:35
no we have not changed anything on the midi code except making more features midi triggerable ... (is that is correct english?)
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 19:42
i know you've been asked to put lots into 1.1 (are transparency modes triggerable now? that'd be sweet). but all would be lost if the usb midi didn't work (for me, of course). any way you could add a "look really freakin hard for that controller" button to the midi dialog? usa needs its midi too!