Another Bomes/APC Thread (I'm afraid)

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Another Bomes/APC Thread (I'm afraid)

Post by theLABVisuals »

Just looking through my previous mapping attempts with Bomes and Resolume 4.0.1 (OSX). And I've decided to base my actual mapping on the MIDI data outputted from Resolume as opposed to the data coming from the APC.
Hopefully this will allow me to link individual layers to different colours on the APC (red flash / layer 1 etc.) via global variables.

Anyway, my query is (drum roll) why does Resolume output the midi data back to the APC/Resolume three times?

Cheers,

Tony
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

theLABVisuals

Re: Another Bomes/APC Thread (I'm afraid)

Post by theLABVisuals »

Screengrab from bomes.
Screengrab from bomes.
Screen Shot 2012-03-21 at 16.50.53.png (11.14 KiB) Viewed 6487 times
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Which controls are you mapping to midi?

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

As I'm using Bomes to try to sort this as well, I'll copy the thread I've posted from their forum here as well ... I hope this gives a better idea of what I'm trying to achieve.
I've been playing around with Bomes on and off for quiet some time (even did 2 x 8 hour gigs restarting the trial version every 20 minutes or so), and have gotten myself a license (whoop!). Anyway, I've mapped Resolume via the APC first into Bomes then fired the messages onto Res4 in the past. This works to a fashion, but what I'm trying to achieve is a different colour button for each of the three layers.

So, I changed my approach to mapping Resolume. Resolume now only sends and receives MIDI to/from Bomes, and Bomes to then send the correct data to the APC40 for lighting it up. This, I figured would allow me to actually see what data is sent from the software when a layer is pressed by the mouse, or when a clip is selected. It does work (as you can see from the attached screengrab)
Screen Shot 2012-03-21 at 16.50.53.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-21 at 16.50.53.png (11.14 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
(not meaning to teach anyone to suck eggs here btw).
90 38 01 == So, it turns on the mapped clip/button on the APC (solid green).
90 54 00 == It switches off the mapped "layer" button I have setup on my controller.
and ...
90 53 01
90 53 01
90 53 01 == It sets the hell out of the newly lit "layer" button (I'm using scene change buttons 53/54/55 for layer selection).

What I would like to do is set a (I'm speculating here), for next loop that captures the entire midi data sent upon pressing the layer button, so i can intercept (via rules I'm guessing) and extract the info [90 38 01] and set that into global variables listing channel/button/colour etc.

Is this possible with advanced rules scripting or is it something completely different? Maybe a nested Bomes file/Translator?

It's still early days with this setup, but it's doing pretty much everything else I need.

Cheers.

T