considering resolume for av, honest feedback please!

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

considering resolume for av, honest feedback please!

Post by mowgli »

I'm looking into Resolume Avenue as a tool for AV performance and I have a few questions. I've been messing all day with the demo and I'm already finding some glitches.
First and foremost, how stable and reliable is the MIDI implementation? I have spend some time mapping a Behringer BCR to test things out and its great when it works but it does some strange things. I had a button sending CC1 on MIDI channel 1 and a button sending CC17 on MIDI channel 2, for some strange reason both buttons which were mapped to different interface elements were acting as if they were sending the same MIDI message. After a crash (not very reassuring!) this went back to normal. I tested the controller with Ableton and it was all fine there.

Also, when checking "invert" in the midi mapping options sometimes rather than inverting the behaviour of a toggle button which is what I expected, it sometimes makes you press the button twice for switching on and off , ie click, click=on and click, click = off. As I said this doesn't happen to all the buttons, only some in a random fashion.

I've generally had bad experiences with MIDI in the past,spending days mapping everything only to find out that my settings were lost or that after mapping a large number of controls the behaviour was erratic or unstable.

I'd also like to hear people's opinions on its ability to synch sound as I've heard conflicting information regarding this.

Thanks!

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: considering resolume for av, honest feedback please!

Post by Basic »

Hey Mowgli,

I'd like to give an honest answer but im just starting to use Avenue as a AV tool. Im sure Rebeloverlay has been using this for his AV performances... but couldnt honestly say how much.

I was speaking with Tony_Blend and im sure when he's been mapping his APC 40 using bomes he mentioned something about 3 signals being sent. Again this is not directly related to connecting ableton but im waiting to hear on what else he has found whislt mapping.

So i can't personally say from first hand expeirence atm but i will no doubt be posting in the near future.

Are you moving away from m8?

Basic
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

Hi thanks for your reply.
Yes, after struggling with md8 for AV I've decided to take the plunge and go for resolume as it is a lot better tailored for av.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

cool, any further forward with it? - got the midi sorted?
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20