Anti Aliasing option for slices

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
kmifflin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Anti Aliasing option for slices

Post by kmifflin »

+1

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Oh yeah, forgot about that

+1

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

goto10 wrote: At this point, we can not do this without slowing down the FPS to single digit numbers though...
Soo...just make it an option for those who are owners of high-end pc's & mac's :idea: :twisted:

Greeeetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

You can actually do brute force anti-aliasing yourself by making the composition twice or four times the output you need, and then scaling down before going the output.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

How can this actually work with slices? *thinking* :shock:
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

bildwerk

Post by bildwerk »

goto10 wrote:You can actually do brute force anti-aliasing yourself by making the composition twice or four times the output you need, and then scaling down before going the output.
+1 :D

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

goto10 wrote:You can actually do brute force anti-aliasing yourself by making the composition twice or four times the output you need, and then scaling down before going the output.
But that would mean your clips would have to be re encoded at a high res as well, would´t ´em?

Joris

Post by Joris »

This is partly what makes anti-aliasing such a tricky subject. 'Normal' moving content generally would be anti-aliased already, so there's no point in rendering it at higher res during playback. Only content generated in Resolume directly (sources, Flash, QC) would benefit from supersampling.

rrebuffo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by rrebuffo »

Joris wrote:We'd very much like to add anti-aliasing to the advanced output, as well as Resolume in general. Nobody likes jaggies. At this point, we can not do this without slowing down the FPS to single digit numbers though...
I've been using Arena as my main "scaler" device for quite long already under windows and when I noticed the aliasing compared to an actual high-end scaler, did some research and ended up forcing antialiasing through AMD's control panel for Arena.exe and tweaking some V-Sync options.
At that point, FPS stood steadily at 60fps, no matter what kind of routing or output I use. So performance is clearly not a problem for many of us.
Would be great if you could make available an optional feature for the Mac version to "tell" OS X to enable antialiasing (I know for a fact they require the app developers to enable this opengl option within the app itself, as games do)

djsky

Post by djsky »

Just found this hit after searching, So is it recommended to use an external scaler when outputting to LED panels when the pixel pitch is larger than the composition resolution?