Save layout on exit.

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
lotech
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Save layout on exit.

Post by lotech »

It's quite annoying to have to resize the layers panel every time I reopen Resolume. I always have 4 layers shown and Resolume remembers this but it never remembers I would like to have them all visible too (crazy I know). Currently when you open the app the bottom layer row are only 20% shown on my 15" 1680x1050 MBP.

This lack of memory also goes for the file/compositions/effects/sources panel too - why does it have to default back to the files window each time - surely the composition or effects panel would be better a better default. Heck it should just restore the GUI to display whatever was being set on the last exit.

Also the area you need to drag to resize the Layer/Clip area is too small and badly indicated in the UI. Even though I've grabbed and dragged it hundreds of times it still takes me time to find the damn space on the UI where its located. It's tiny. If it was bigger or included the entire tabs area (which should also be draggable L<->R) I'd be a lot happier.

ReggieUnderground

Re: Save layout on exit.

Post by ReggieUnderground »

+1 on all your points. These things have been driving me nuts lately.

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

+1 on point one and three.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

+1 on this as well, i always find myself to tune the layout after i closed the application.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

+1 for layout saved on exit linked with the composition
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We had no idea that doing a minute of tweaking on a screen's layout for a multiple hour show could cause such heated feelings. How on earth do those guitarists manage to deal with tuning between every other song?

In all seriousness, the layout will be undergoing major changes and become more customizable for Resolume 5. So it's unlikely we'll be spending much time updating this minor issue for Resolume 4. So I guess for now you will have to take a deep breath and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel.

lotech

Post by lotech »

Not really that heated but it does feel like the GUI has been a low priority. We shouldn't really have to request these sorts of 'features' they should just be there in the first place.
Anyway - bring on R5!