Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: 64-bit

Post by Electroguepard »

Ram preload... etc.

Electroguepard

Post by Electroguepard »

64 bit is going to prevent from LOW MEMORY message?

kmifflin

Post by kmifflin »

LOW MEMORY ERROR

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

...i guess.....bigger clipdecks. For now there is a limit of 500-900 clips per deck. Why so big clipdecks? because of the deckswitchtime.

love u.
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

kmifflin

Post by kmifflin »

Low Memory

Yesterday I had a awards show that had 5 desecrate projectors over 30 categories. I use that columns in resolume as cues to bump thru shows. The awards part alone was over 100 cues - 1. Home loop while MC speaks, 2 roll nominees, 3 exceptions look, 4 back to home loop ....repeat 32 times. Plus Pre and post show graphics. Ended up being 150 cues. I ended breaking the show up in to 4 decks, but I see no reason for this, plus the graphic on screen stutter when changing deck.

svoboda
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by svoboda »

+1

Supernova
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Supernova »

bart wrote:Devil's advocate: Why?

Well, for starters, as I understand it, it would really open up some capability for the software. As it stands there is a very uncomfortable limitation on the number of clips that can be in a deck. Many users, myself included, are doing some rather large shows that are filling up this clip cap. In a long show there is no time to switch between decks while live. I know I am sitting with tons of available CPU right now that could be used, if not for the restriction brought on by 32-bit architecture.
Can anyone confirm if there is even a 64-bit version being developed?

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Supernova wrote:

Well, for starters, as I understand it, it would really open up some capability for the software. As it stands there is a very uncomfortable limitation on the number of clips that can be in a deck. Many users, myself included, are doing some rather large shows that are filling up this clip cap. In a long show there is no time to switch between decks while live. I know I am sitting with tons of available CPU right now that could be used, if not for the restriction brought on by 32-bit architecture.
Can anyone confirm if there is even a 64-bit version being developed?
I believe Joris mentioned a few times they are working on it for R6 and I'm super excited. No dates have been dropped yet but I hope this year.

Also I'm there with you on the huge decks problem. And yeah it takes forever to switch one huge deck to another. :/

Meptik

Post by Meptik »

No dates have been dropped yet but I hope this year.
Me too. Hoping for sometime this year big time. Most of the shows we do are high number of outputs, high resolutions, and high clip count; can't wait to see what 64 bit and V6 bring.

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Supernova wrote:
As it stands there is a very uncomfortable limitation on the number of clips that can be in a deck. ?
Tell me more about this limitations, because I use (and Joris hates me for this) 8 layers with sometimes up to 280 columns of HD content, so thats 2240 clips and I have never experienced a problem with a low memory message, unless I was using PNG's larger then 1920x1080 which are a pain in the ass, oh and on top of the 8 content layers I sometimes use another, the 9th for my DJ cam input, so what limitations are you talking about??