Audio In from Capture Cards

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
kmifflin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Audio In from Capture Cards

Post by kmifflin »

I recently purchased a BlackMagic Decklink Quad card for my Resolume Rig, and the first gig I was going to use it for was a Webcast. The plan was to use resolume to crop, scale and PIP four sdi inputs. Then send the output to a separate encoding machine.

Inputs List
1. Camera 1
2. Camera 2
3. PlayBackPro Mac
3. Keynote/PowerPoint Mac

Visually everything looks great, but then I realized that I had overlooked the fact that even though I can embed the audio of these devices on the SDI inputs. Resolume doesn't bring the audio in from a live source.

I know there are other solutions, to pull this off.

But what are the chances this could be added to Resolume by May 1st.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Audio In from Capture Cards

Post by Joris »

It's on our radar, but it's not going to happen before May 1st, I'm afraid...

5AMvisual
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by 5AMvisual »

Bump, is this feature still on the radar ?
Sam
  • HacPRO (Win10/OSX10.13 Render+Mediaserver)
  • i9 9900K OC - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA Titan Xp 12 GB VRAM
  • MBP 2018 15" - Livid Ohm RGB - Arturia BeatstepPro - DJTT Midifighter Twister
  • Bome MTP - Vezér

xdjxklusivex

Post by xdjxklusivex »

I ran into a similar issue recently. I needed to run 2 cameras, videos and computer feed output to a broadcast device with sdi only. I was unable to run the audio unfortunately so we had to downgrade to only 1 broadcast camera.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I recently was on a gig where I used midi from my controller to mix the cross fader and channels on a sound board. Not the best but anyone in desperate need can check that out.

Oliostro
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Oliostro »

Hello. And where is the train now? Why it's so difficult to give the ability switch on the embedded audio in the settings of a capture source in composition? I still can't understand... I see FFT signal can come in if I set my capture card as audio-in device, but why we just can't easily hear it with the video?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

As with all things, the problem is not so much the technical difficulty, but rather deciding that it is more important than the literally 1000s of other things our user base is asking for.

This is clearly an amazing feature for corporate settings and I can see this being useful in art environments as well. For our core userbase of VJs using Resolume for live video performance however, this is not even a blip on the radar and they would prefer it if we worked on other things instead.

DHoude

Post by DHoude »

I definitely would like to add my vote here. I know this is a super old topic, but this would really help out a couple of projects. I had no idea this was a limitation.

P-lab
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by P-lab »

Joris,
about VJs using Resolume for live video performance AND external audio FFT input, I think multiple audio input would be great, at least 2 seperate mono input.

Input 1 : POUM
Input 2 : TCHAK

POUM TCHAK POUM POUM TCHAK

You hear/see what I mean ? :-)

Pascal

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

P-lab wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 20:54 I think multiple audio input would be great, at least 2 seperate mono input.
I think too.
Did you know you can do this:
POUM:
Képernyőfotó 2019-08-05 - 10.15.35.png
TCHAK:
Képernyőfotó 2019-08-05 - 10.15.24.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu