In all modesty I would like to see 2 simple things...

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

In all modesty I would like to see 2 simple things...

Post by Yuckfou157 »

I'll keep this short, but I would love to see the following things in an update...
1) The possibility to remove multiple columns with just a simple shfit&click, now when I add a lot of clips and start cutting and pasting them into other layers I have sometimes over 200 columns that I need to remove one by one :cry:
2) A bigger slider in a contrasting color...I don't know about you guys but in the summertime, when I have a hard time to see my screen anyway it's sometimes really impossible to see the slider and it happened more then once that I clicked on the next deck tab instead of the slider, something you don't want to happen...

*just my 2 cents&thank you for your time*

Yuckfou157

Re: In all modesty I would like to see 2 simple things...

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Just a little kick to bring this back into attention...
I've understood there was a ticket made for this but in 4.2 there is no such thing, and still with the festival season coming up a bigger contrasting slider would be very very nice...
And still, having 200+ columns is no fun to remove :cry:

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Yuckfou157 wrote: 1) The possibility to remove multiple columns with just a simple shfit&click, now when I add a lot of clips and start cutting and pasting them into other layers I have sometimes over 200 columns that I need to remove one by one :cry:
I made a column remover tool, try it , test version 0.5, backup your .avc first!
you can get it here: http://palffyzoltan.hu/?url=programs&a=cleanup
Last edited by Zoltán on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

So a little kick because I've understood in Oct last year there was a ticket made for this but not implemented...
People of Resolume, I almost beg you to change the slider in the bottom of the decks, I don't know what festivals you're doing, but I did the Flow/mainstage Free Your Mind in the blistering sun without any covering for my gear, with this there is no way you see the slider unless you keep your hand on the screen and look really really close...
can you please change it to white or give that option, or put "for Yuckfou asshole" in white letters in it, I don't care, but I fear I will have more of these this summer and it looks like a really really small thingy to change, but for me it's a lifesaver, because I have clicked a different deck multiple times instead of the slider, which resulted in waiting time for loading, switching back to the deck I used and again FINDING THAT DAMN SLIDER :cry:
This is the setup as a whole:
This is my MBPr in the blistering sun, up close, can you find it?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

as a workaround

- you could try changing the color calibration of your built-in display.
if you switch on the expert mode you will be able to adjust the gamma values.
Colors will not be accurate, but it could help you to see more on the GUI.

- or hovering the mouse cursor over the clips and scrolling with two fingers on the touchpad.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

i would love some custom options ;)

or like 2 colour thems ;)

or tell us here what file is the colour and we can replace it inside the install folder, as it work in windows or other stuff ^^
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

With no response from the Resolume crew I start to think they never experienced the difficulties I have working out in the open, changing the gamma or colours on my laptop is not my fav. option, and still I think this is just a minor thing to program, but it would change the world when you're working outside :(

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Since you're on a Mac, why don't you test the Accessibility>Display mode under System Preferences?

I think inverting colors and grey tones might be what you're looking for but there are more settings to dial things the way you want.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Oaktown wrote:Since you're on a Mac, why don't you test the Accessibility>Display mode under System Preferences?

I think inverting colors and grey tones might be what you're looking for but there are more settings to dial things the way you want.
these options affect all displays unfortunately

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Ravensc wrote:these options affect all displays unfortunately
Good point but let's say you only use the "Invert Colors" option, all you have to do is use the "Invert RGB" video effect on your composition and you're set.

Invert your screen colors and take a look at this png:
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 02.12.36.png
Or here is what it looks like when colors are inverted:
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 02.12.36.png