Adjust Live Feed Resolution

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Bang Boom Ben
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Adjust Live Feed Resolution

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

A very heldpul feature would be to set the live feed resolution of the used cams in the comp. Now the resolution will be forced through the comp size. But for example when I start a tripple head comp 2400*600 I don't want the camera forced to a resolution size of 2400*X (that overloads the cam) else I want fix it to 800*600.
b

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Adjust Live Feed Resolution

Post by Oaktown »

Hey Bang Boom Ben, unless you use the [Scale to fit composition] feature when you right click on a clip, your cam should come up at its native resolution (800x600?). Note that when you use capture cards instead of a cam, you have to set the resolution to match the source.

Once your clip is loaded you can change its size by using the resize button which cycle through various sizes (comp height & width, comp height, comp width & clip native size) :
Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 6.45.51 AM.png

Bang Boom Ben

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

Hey Oaktown, thx for the advice. But this feature is just a scale function - it does not change the stream-resolution of the webcam itself. Nice would be a feature where you can choose the available resolutions of the webcam.
b

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We'll be adding a drop down for this in Res 5. Unfortunately it's not possible to implement the fix for our current capture method.

Bang Boom Ben

Post by Bang Boom Ben »

Nice!
b