More File Browser tabs!

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

More File Browser tabs!

Post by Sense »

Please place 3 file entries at the bottom of the file select. This enormously speeds up access to files, especially because you don't have to switch back and forth between directories!

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by Sense]

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hi sense,
could you explain more on what exactly you would like to see.
Can't make much sense of this right now ;-)

Cheers
Edwin

Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

If I get it right Sense wants something like 3 FileBrowsers one under an another instead of just one.

I understand why someone could want that but myself I don't want it because I'll have 3 times less space to display one folder clip's.

I organise my clips like this :

_\Movies
__*unsorted clip 1
__*unsorted clip 2 etc.
____\dance
_____*dance clip 1
____\nature
_____*nature clip 1

etc.

so I'm never more far than 2 clicks of any vids, I fell good like this.

(I'm not saying don't do it but if you do please leave it OPTIONAL.)

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by Rincevent]

Sense

Post by Sense »

Rince is right about decrypting my message. I ment, file browsing tabs. Of course I do disagree on his statement he would loose space, and it opens a window for extra features that the freestyle veejay would love.

File browser1 | File browser2 | File browser3 (At the bottom, 3 tabs next to each other, insteads of 1 at the top,should take to much cpu power, perhaps some ram to store video-pool tree :)

You could also add speed jumps to those file browser tabs (RMB). So you can make favorites of your directories with shortcut commands. (Perhaps you should set a video-pool directory in your prefs, but this could also be the step to relative paths for the decks in xml ;)

I find the features of the filebrowser somewhat lacking usuability and speed. But that's probably because I don't use prepared decks. (DO! use the tabs though)

Earlier mentioned on this forum are V-iD (Video iD, I/O points, playspeed, loop/bounce, perhaps even genre) tags which could perhaps be intergrated in xml format. Would also be a nice feature for the file browser, so you can narrow your vid pool by Video id data. jumping genres(or costum field) would be an awesome feature.

Ah well I will stop brainweaving :)

You see multiple file browsers a lot in explorer like apps, and I love it!
Give it some thought Edwin.

Cheerz.

nz
Sense

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by Sense]

Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

"I don't use prepared decks"
>OMG ! you like challenge don't you.:D

well if you put the additional File Browsers in tabs I have nothing more to complain about.

Happy New Year Resolume users (and coders) ;)

Sense

Post by Sense »

Well my experiece with prepared decks is that you tend to make the same footage combinations.

[Edited on 1-1-2005 by Sense]

SuperficiaL

yep

Post by SuperficiaL »

i think so to.
i dont use decks aswell because every movie has more than one use, eg some clips unfiltered look very techie and fast and with a filter look completely different.
i know you can make more decks with the same clip but in my case that would get me very confused...

Greetz, SuperficiaL

VJ555
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VJ555 »

We use Resolume as part of the AV set we do, we have decks prepared for each track that gives a visual story of the track. We are now starting to look at doing the visuals first then writing the music around that, also looking at using something like VJamm mixed with resolume to play true AV. I guess this just shows the different uses that Resolume has, for different types of performances......;)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Originally posted by Sense
Well my experiece with prepared decks is that you tend to make the same footage combinations.

[Edited on 1-1-2005 by Sense]
true, true...

But that's what helps keeping some theme to the clips used and also it's handy to have very quick access to your clips (quicker than filebrowsing them) what is crucial when you try to sync with the music.

Well everyone has his/her preferences.

Sense

Post by Sense »

Anon, that's a good point, for fast acces to specific genres, I will think about that.

thnx! for another angle.

Sense