map advanced output presets via DMX

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Fischmaster3000
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

map advanced output presets via DMX

Post by Fischmaster3000 »

I would love to map advanced output features via DMX. the most important thing for me would be to switch between different presets via lighting desk.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: map advanced output presets via DMX

Post by Joris »

This not likely to happen, also not via OSC or Midi. The advanced output is designed to be a setup tool, and is not meant to be accessed live during performance.

The idea of the Resolume workflow is that different looks are composited in the composition. Here content can be scaled and positioned, effects can be applied, tweaked and adjusted. The result is then sent to the advanced output for further distribution and/or warping.

You then decide in the composition to show content on certain outputs but not others, by changing the opacity of the layers the content is playing in.

Because it's so easy to reposition and duplicate content in the advanced output as opposed to doing it on the layer, people have started using the advanced output just to position content. So we're looking into if we can offer the same intuitive distribution options on the layer, so you can easily use multiple output setups and change them live.

5AMvisual
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: map advanced output presets via DMX

Post by 5AMvisual »

Instead of a advanced output preset switcher,
I'd be nice to have different layer states.

Like for example Layer 1 : State A - State B - State C
It'd nice to use in a setup with for example a grid of squares or triangles.
You could map single square or triangle content on a single square or triangle in your grid for state A,
map it on multiple squares or triangles for state B and even more in state C.
Sam
  • HacPRO (Win10/OSX10.13 Render+Mediaserver)
  • i9 9900K OC - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA Titan Xp 12 GB VRAM
  • MBP 2018 15" - Livid Ohm RGB - Arturia BeatstepPro - DJTT Midifighter Twister
  • Bome MTP - Vezér