since arena5 is out there and pretty awesome I still want to place some ideas what i'd wish for christmas
- text source: simple text-plugin, where i can use the fonts i have on my machine and can input any text in a click (like in modul8 e.g.)
- split output-screens: when using a triplehead2go, datapath x4 or anything like this, it'd be great to have a possibility to say my screen is e.g. split 2x horizontally and 2x vertically, or just 3x horizontally so they act like independent screens in advanced output. so there'd be no risk of the corner from one slice getting into the wrong screen and i think it would be more user-friendly.
- set transition time in layer properties-panel: i think i'm not the first one mentioning this, i think it would be nice to have the possibility to set the transition time numerical and not just with the fader.
- group layers / layer as mask: i understand an one hand if you think it's confusing and too much overkill in the interface, but i'd often wish to have one video/layer acting as an alpha- oder luma-mask for another layer (and not for all the layers beneath) like in after effects. also some kind of grouping layers together would be handy...
and maybe not so important points, which would be nice to have anyway:
- rename columns: as the title says, possibility to rename columns, as we can rename clips, layers and decks. also a next-column-button which can be pressed by mouse or mapped on the keyboard would be nice for linear shows (at the moment i can only midi-map)
- particular effect: a particle-generator where you can set a video or picture as source
so far, keep on the great work!