wishlist

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

wishlist

Post by Christoph »

hi guys!
since arena5 is out there and pretty awesome I still want to place some ideas what i'd wish for christmas ;)

- text source: simple text-plugin, where i can use the fonts i have on my machine and can input any text in a click (like in modul8 e.g.)

- split output-screens: when using a triplehead2go, datapath x4 or anything like this, it'd be great to have a possibility to say my screen is e.g. split 2x horizontally and 2x vertically, or just 3x horizontally so they act like independent screens in advanced output. so there'd be no risk of the corner from one slice getting into the wrong screen and i think it would be more user-friendly.

- set transition time in layer properties-panel: i think i'm not the first one mentioning this, i think it would be nice to have the possibility to set the transition time numerical and not just with the fader.

- group layers / layer as mask: i understand an one hand if you think it's confusing and too much overkill in the interface, but i'd often wish to have one video/layer acting as an alpha- oder luma-mask for another layer (and not for all the layers beneath) like in after effects. also some kind of grouping layers together would be handy...

and maybe not so important points, which would be nice to have anyway:
- rename columns: as the title says, possibility to rename columns, as we can rename clips, layers and decks. also a next-column-button which can be pressed by mouse or mapped on the keyboard would be nice for linear shows (at the moment i can only midi-map)

- particular effect: a particle-generator where you can set a video or picture as source

so far, keep on the great work!
greetings,

elgarf
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: wishlist

Post by elgarf »

- split output-screens: when using a triplehead2go, datapath x4 or anything like this, it'd be great to have a possibility to say my screen is e.g. split 2x horizontally and 2x vertically, or just 3x horizontally so they act like independent screens in advanced output. so there'd be no risk of the corner from one slice getting into the wrong screen and i think it would be more user-friendly.
You can create virtual screens and route them to slices on your triplehead2go or datapath x4 device, just try it.

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Christoph »

oh, haven't found this yet, shame on me. thanks for the tip!

adriancuervo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by adriancuervo »

+1 to Group layers, and please:

"Collapse layers".

It will be so so easy to work with complex combinations of routed layers. Now It's a bit crazy to manage more than 8 layers.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

Yes to all. I know of few of them have been mentioned in the past