RELOCATE: "All"

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
burnalot
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

RELOCATE: "All"

Post by burnalot »

Greetings!

I use a 2.5 external hard drive for all of my clips, because I don't have 75 GB of free space on my laptop.
If I accidentally open Arena with the hard drive UN-attached guess what?!?

Relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate,relocate!

Good grief!!!
It would be AWESOME if I could tell Arena, "Look here for all lost clips", and then it would do all of the relocating on it's own.

Cheers!
Burnalot

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: RELOCATE: "All"

Post by Zoltán »

relocate one then resolume will ask if you want to Fix all.
choose to fix all,
edit: but if the clips didn't move, just plug the drive back in, and switch decks forth and back.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

burnalot

Post by burnalot »

FANTASTIC!

THANKS, ravensc!!

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

Perhaps a symbolic link or folder redirection to resolume's media folder may be a good solution. Or simply a button that tells resolume to automagically search folders/drives

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ReggieUnderground »

The current implementation becomes problematic when you have files from a folder that are spread over multiple decks. You then have to do a 'Fix All' for every folder in every deck, which can end up taking a LONG time. The workaround with 'Find & Replace' on the file paths in an XML file in a text editor is much faster in that situation, but not pretty.

burnalot

Post by burnalot »

ReggieUnderground

Can you upload an example of the text file, XML file you would use for that?
Possibly I can build me own?

Cheers

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ReggieUnderground »

The XML file is actually your Resolume composition.

1. Make copy of Resolume comp
2. Change extension from .avc to .xml
3. Open in any text editor

Scroll through and familiarize yourself with how the file is laid out. You'll see the places where your content is listed, which includes a file path. What you want to do is copy the portion of the file path that you are changing, then paste that into a 'Find & Replace All' field. You want to 'find' your old path, and 'replace' with new path.

Once you confirm that all the correct file paths got updated, save the XML file, change extension back to avc, and you can load into Resolume with your files connected.

The process seems complicated, but once you do it a few times you'll get the hang of it. Make sure to always work off a duplicate file of your comp in case a mistake is made.

Edit: I should clarify that is assumes your media is structurally the same within a particular folder. This won't really work cleanly if you have files organized differently between your old directory and new directory.

burnalot

Post by burnalot »

ReggieUnderground

That is absolutely BRILLIANT!

It doesn't all sound complicated, in fact it sounds like a really good way to take care of issues.
Especially if it's right before a gig!!! (Nightmare)

Thanks for this excellent tip!