Transparence of flash movies

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Transparence of flash movies

Post by mfo »

When i embbed flash movies within websites i can set the background to transparency, thus the website background shines through.

That leds me to the thought, that flash-movies must have transparent backgrounds (if released right?!).
I would like to use that in resolume!

(I know that AlphaTransparency combined with recoloring of the flashmovie works - but it has ugly artefacts on all borders and produces sometimes even errors.)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yes if anyone can find a way wo extract the transparency from a flash movie we will build it in!

we heard it is possible but nobody knows how ;-(

emx
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by emx »

still no solution?
please write me a mail about what you need exactly, maybe i can find someone to help...

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

Transparency blend mode should work fine without artefacts if you make sure you don't compress the swf (which flash does by default, using jpeg compression) when you export it.

Never tried it to be honest but I presume that's the problem...

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
well emx i appreciate your help of course but i don't know wether you will be able to help us out.
We are using the activex control from macromedia to playback flash.
So we need to know how we can extract the alpha channel from the active control.

Edwin

LudikaStyle
Is taking Resolume on a second date

If... (For Edwin & Bart)

Post by LudikaStyle »

As I see the thing you maybe just have to set the background of the .swf file to a transparent color instead of an rgb, sounds too easy to work uh? And don't ask me how 'cause I don't know yet
Maybe you tried this a couple of centuries ago, it didn't work, and I'm coming up with some nonsense but try and have look at this, where it says "transparent flash":
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Fl ... ct=1461599http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Fl ... ct=1461599

my half cent,
Federico