use pre-set .avc as default composition on New Comp.

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Zoltán
Team Resolume

use pre-set .avc as default composition on New Comp.

Post by Zoltán »

Would it be possible to add a feature, that would allow us to create a composition file with our most used custom default settings, save it as a composition to for example the Configuration directory, and when we click to make a new composition, if this file is present, it would be loaded as the default?

so for example I create a composition with 5 layers, layer and composition effects, or even some clips placed, save this composition, and move to
Documents/Resolume Arena 5/config/default.avc
and when I click new composition, this file would be loaded.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: use pre-set .avc as default composition on New Comp.

Post by Joris »

Yeah, right now composition and content are always tied together, which is not necessarily always the right approach.

We've been talking about separating composition and content more by introducing template-able comps and content decks. Decks would just define what content you think fits well together, the comp would define how it gets layed out and presented. Then of course you can save them together into a comp for that specific show, but the template would remain unchanged.

You can already use this system if you are really disciplined with saving your comps under a different name at startup and then deleting or moving them after the show is done. It'd be nice if you'd be guided more towards this workflow in general.

visions
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: use pre-set .avc as default composition on New Comp.

Post by visions »

+1 here!
What I do is saving a copy of the composition, and them replacing the clips, in order to keep all the other things like effects, layers settings, midi mapping, etc.