Save / export plugin parameter settings

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
beatfix
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Save / export plugin parameter settings

Post by beatfix »

I use a lot of FFGL source plugins in my sets, and I generally tweak the parameters a bunch, so I can use several instances of the same plugin, each with its own distinct look.

I can create a composition with a bunch of these plugins, and save it, and all the plugins with their parameter settings will be saved in the composition. But as far as I can tell there is no way to move a single plugin, with its parameter settings intact, from one composition to another.

It would be hugely useful to me to have a way of saving plugin parameter settings outside of the composition, similar to the way that Presets work for effects.

- j

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Save / export plugin parameter settings

Post by Zoltán »

+1

you can open decks from other compositions in your composition, go to the bowser panel, composition tab, then double click on a deck name in the list. then copy paste your clip.

or as a workaround you can copy the clip itself, then paste to an empty text file, which will be xml format, then if you want to restore it, you can copy from the text file to the clipboard and paste in resolume.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

beatfix
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Save / export plugin parameter settings

Post by beatfix »

These are both pretty good workarounds, and I will probably make use of them both. Of course, a "Presets" pulldown associated with each source plugin would be even better.

Thanks for the tips!