My list of special features

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
tajnost
Is taking Resolume on a second date

My list of special features

Post by tajnost »

Hello,

not sure if it will cause a lot enthusiasm in vj world, but since I started to use resolume a lot for experimental video creation, short "real time" movies, a/v production, etc... and I believe I'm not the only one who do such a things, I decided to share my vision.

1. It would be really useful to have an "arrangement" view mode to record and sequence all the manipulations, and have a possibility to edit your work later. The same idea as in Ableton Live - one mode is for live performance (session view) and another one for "studio" work (arrangement view ).

2. It would be useful to have more ways of controlling video and fx parameters with the sound. Right now it's only dynamics side, but for example frequency changes of a sound, pitch could also be analyzed in a real time a affect the video side. Here a lot of things could be done really, I've got tons of ideas for audio/visual plugins ( i.e. various sequencers, lfos, etc... ).

3. I need a better way to record / export my works. Right now I use Syphon and other things to export, but see no reason why it can't be done directly from Resolume.

4. More / better support of video and audio plugins of different kinds.

and I better stop for a now... I see Resolume as a really hands on and intuitive tool with so many different ways of using it... yes, a lot of things could be done with Max/MSP and Jitter, other software, but Resolume really stands out in terms of quality, interface and flexibility, so I really want to see future developments.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: My list of special features

Post by Joris »

That's a cool list! We would love more arrangement features as well. For scripted shows, it's just ridiculous that I have to go back and re-render a 10 minute show moment, just because the director wants the fadeout a little later. Would be great if I could just stretch the edit and animate a fade out in Resolume, and play it live.

At the moment, we have our plate full with other things. Timelines and arrangements are on our wishlist, we just don't know when we'll get around to them.

tajnost
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: My list of special features

Post by tajnost »

Nice to know that you have it in mind! Yes, I don't expect this to show up in next couple of months, but I guess it's important to know that you're looking into this direction. Resolume could be much move than a live vj tool, rather audio/visual production platform with a lot of interactivity and "experimental" approach to creative proccess.