[IMPLEMENTED in 7.13]Clip Time remaining info

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
tatoaraoz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[IMPLEMENTED in 7.13]Clip Time remaining info

Post by tatoaraoz »

Hi. There is any wat to take the clip remaining time data to process in Quartz Composer to put that info bigger in the preview display?
Thanks.
Tato.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Clip Time remaining info

Post by Oaktown »

I don't know if this could help you out but Resolume sends this OSC information (by default on Outgoing Port 7001):
/layer1/audio/position/values : <OSCVal f 1.000000>
/activelayer/audio/position/values : <OSCVal f 1.000000>
/activeclip/audio/position/values : <OSCVal f 1.000000>
where the float is the position of the playhead on the timeline with f=0 is the In point and f=1 is the Out point so if you know the duration of the clip, you could infer the clip time remaining info pretty easily but I don't believe Resolume can send any of the clip metadata for you to do it automatically. Keep in mind that the In and Out are not absolute so the information will be different if you modify the In and Out points.

tatoaraoz

Post by tatoaraoz »

Thank you very much. This is something to start working on.
Countdown information is also ok. I just want to know when the video will finish.
Thanks again.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

You might be able to calculate the length by measuring rate of increase from 0 to 1.0. For example...

Our reference media, Clip A, is 10 seconds long. It will take 1 second for the OSC value to go from 0.0 to 0.1
Clip B has an unknown length. However, we can see it only took a half second for the OSC value to go from 0.0 to 0.1. Knowing that it took half the time to get to 0.1, we can see that this clip is 5 seconds long.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

That's a pretty darn smart trick!

You don't even need the reference clip. OSC messages are sent with a timestamp, so you could use that to calculate the time it took to go from 0 to 0.1, and then you know the length and how long it will take to get to 1.0.

It's not bomb-proof, but it's going to get you close enough!

nickbeardo

Post by nickbeardo »

would love this just built into the Resolume interface but bigger than the tiny clip info one

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Moved to feature requests ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

I want to have this as well....
my idea is a collapsable area like "transport" or "Autopilot" with "clip time" and there is the clip time as a big clock with possiblity to have a count up or count down...

complete seperate window would be nice but what happen when multiple clips are playing, what information will be displayed etc etc... so the bigger area inside the clip panel would be nice.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Swopadd

Post by Swopadd »

+1 I was waiting a lot of time for this feature! :)

Intange
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Intange »

nickbeardo wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 13:47 would love this just built into the Resolume interface but bigger than the tiny clip info one
I as well want this feature. It would be great to have the ability to see the time remaining on the clip, large in a separate window.