wish list

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
pieroc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

wish list

Post by pieroc »

1) a more responsive/sophisticated audio analyser with parametric eq to split frequency bands and a transient/beat detector.

2) ability to save more than one default preset for each effect ... in other words, a "save as" feature.

3) Why saving only the clip and not the global effects ? I guess many of us make heavy use of the processing capabilities to get to a specific visual result. After closing a session it's gone unless you write the processing algorithm down to a piece of paper ... a bit boring.

More to come ... awesome job anyway, thx a lot !

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

point 3:

http://www.resolume.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1344

something like that would be cool.

mfo

Post by mfo »

2) its a nice idea, but imho makes resolume too complicated. i think a tool that is meant for live use has to be clean and fast to use.

but maybe bart&edwin find a way to implement it in a very intuitive and less click intense way...

pieroc

Post by pieroc »

I guess you're right, something made for live use should not be too complicated, on the other hand the implemented features should be working in a predictable way. The audio analyser in Resolume doesn't do that, well... at least not completely.
I think about Ableton Live which is meant to be used for live audio sequencing and tweaking. Well, it does everything in an almost perfect way althoygh there's always room for improvement.
Now i understand that the audio program is something difficult to deal with only in terms of frequency content, that's why a transient detector perhaps would be of help in dealing with rythmic variations. I don't know if i'm saying silly things, i'm just trying to see what i can or cannot do with the audio analyser and i'm not flaming the Resolume guys, on the contrary i think they are doing a fantastic job.

Talking about different things ... i find very annoying the lack of "save as" features ... more parameters should be saved ... effects settings, audio analyser settings and so on. Playing live it's a bit difficult starting from scratch when messing with audio interaction and so on ... if you know what i mean.

Then ... more effects on the single clips would be welcome.

mfo

Post by mfo »

oh, i just talked about 2)

concerning the audio analyzer i perfectly agree with you. the results of that one integrated in resolume are too blurry.

maybe the problem is, that resolumes audio analyzis works only as fast as the frame rate is. but it's just a guess of myself.

DoofBoy

Post by DoofBoy »

YES , it would be nice, to save within deck info
the way the layers superimpose, (wipes, multiply, difference etc...)and maybe , (greedy i know) keep the way sliders are set to for those 3 layers.
IT might make the program more complicated...but in the case such feature doesn't harm the stability of R 2.1 , it would be nice.