Resolume 6 64bit?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
RycoDePsyco
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resolume 6 64bit?

Post by RycoDePsyco »

Hello.

An important question.
Will the subsequent version be a 64bit version?
Using the existing memory full?

Thx

Cosmiclab
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume 6 64bit?

Post by Cosmiclab »

+1 for 64 bit
Constantly getting low memory warning when doing complicated high res stage work.

Programfeed

Post by Programfeed »

Eventually Avenue/Arena will be 64-bit, we just don't know when. Keep in mind that they have to rewrite for both Windows and MacOS. Also, as I understand it, there are (or were?) some compatibility issues with plug-ins and other playback components that needed 32-bit support. I'm sure they're working as hard and fast as they can on it.

tajnost
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by tajnost »

+1

Supernova

Post by Supernova »

Programfeed wrote:Eventually Avenue/Arena will be 64-bit, we just don't know when. Keep in mind that they have to rewrite for both Windows and MacOS. Also, as I understand it, there are (or were?) some compatibility issues with plug-ins and other playback components that needed 32-bit support. I'm sure they're working as hard and fast as they can on it.
Do you have any first hand knowledge of this, or is this speculation? I ask because I have been searching to see if Resolume is even working on a 64-bit version and so far I haven't found any direct evidence.

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

You did not find evidence? Well, where did you found 32-bit modern Mac OS?
For sure Resolume works in 64-bit OS, both Mac and Windows. And memory manadgement under Windows is terrible.

Recently had an event, not so big, just 50 columns and 5 layers, but 5 screens mapped in 4k with Datapath FX4. After some time, fps was droping from 50 to 15. Deck switching helped, so i splitted content on two deck. Ok, i got back stable 50 fps, but Resolume crashed midshow when i switched to second deck. I was very angry. Never do event without backup. Fortunatelly i had backup machine. But i do not like how Resolume works in Windows.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

He means 'working on 64 bit' as in 'is the Resolume team working on rewriting the software for 64 bit'. Not as in 'does the software work on a 64 bit OS'.

And the answer is yes, we are.

Supernova

Post by Supernova »

Joris wrote:He means 'working on 64 bit' as in 'is the Resolume team working on rewriting the software for 64 bit'. Not as in 'does the software work on a 64 bit OS'.

This news is making me irrationally happy. :D I can't wait!

Yu HaiChuang
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Yu HaiChuang »

Joris wrote:He means 'working on 64 bit' as in 'is the Resolume team working on rewriting the software for 64 bit'. Not as in 'does the software work on a 64 bit OS'.

thank you all!
Very much looking forward to! :lol: :lol: :lol: