Save to Dropbox for downloading content

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
JimmyP
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Save to Dropbox for downloading content

Post by JimmyP »

it would be cool to be able to save video loops to dropbox in addition of trying to download them all. it almost always fails due to taking too long. thanks guys!
Jayme McColgan
Lighting Designer

Programfeed
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Save to Dropbox for downloading content

Post by Programfeed »

You mean for footage purchased from Resolume, right? Yes this would be really nice since resuming failed downloads rarely works in my experience -- hotel connections are the worst! But in the grand scheme of things this may not be high on the priority list for the dev team.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

All our downloads are hosted on Amazon S3, which is the industry standard for cloud storage. It's actually what Dropbox used for storage up until recently.

If I understand you correctly, you guys want the option to link your Dropbox account to your Resolume account, so you can download the footage to your DB account?

Programfeed

Post by Programfeed »

Joris wrote:If I understand you correctly, you guys want the option to link your Dropbox account to your Resolume account, so you can download the footage to your DB account?
Exactly. Where I've needed something like this is on tour where you're constantly jumping on different networks for short periods of time, or the connection is slow and the download stops. So it's not an issue of how you guys are hosting the files, it's the process of downloading in short bursts. Dropbox is great at resuming where it left off so this kind of integration would help.

However, I would say this is a very low priority issue to worry about since it's not a daily need or showstopper.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Joris wrote:All our downloads are hosted on Amazon S3, which is the industry standard for cloud storage. It's actually what Dropbox used for storage up until recently.

If I understand you correctly, you guys want the option to link your Dropbox account to your Resolume account, so you can download the footage to your DB account?

Thumbs up to this idea!

JimmyP

Post by JimmyP »

I have 3 or 4 packs I bought on the black Friday sale. I haven't had the time to download them because there are 10-20 1.9GB files per pack and downloading them never works... I don't have the time in our busy season to sit there and babysit the download files.... sadly...
Joris wrote:All our downloads are hosted on Amazon S3, which is the industry standard for cloud storage. It's actually what Dropbox used for storage up until recently.

Jayme McColgan
Lighting Designer

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Your account will now have the option to save your footage to Dropbox, as well as a direct download.
DB.png
Be aware that Amazon still needs to copy the files from our server to your Dropbox space in the cloud, before you get a notification that your Dropbox will start syncing. This can take a few minutes for the larger zips.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Nice one. Cheers Joris.

JimmyP

Post by JimmyP »

awesome! thank you!
Joris wrote:Your account will now have the option to save your footage to Dropbox, as well as a direct download.

DB.png

Be aware that Amazon still needs to copy the files from our server to your Dropbox space in the cloud, before you get a notification that your Dropbox will start syncing. This can take a few minutes for the larger zips.
Jayme McColgan
Lighting Designer

chenthemagician

Post by chenthemagician »

This is awwwweeeessooommmeeee :D
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"